Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

6th January 2007 :: Club Launch

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Join us for the launch of the club at the new 4 star McWilliam Park Hotel, Claremorris, Co. Mayo.

The McWilliam Hotel is located a ½ mile from the thriving market town of Claremorris in the heart of the West off the N17 half way between Galway & Sligo and only 30 minutes from the rugged Atlantic coastline surrounded by plains, rivers & lakes and with a backdrop of Croagh Patrick the Nephin Mountains & the Partry Mountains.

We will meet up at 3pm in Clonbur at Burkes pub for a cup of tea and a bun (we are a classic car club after all!!) before taking a scenic drive around some of the local loughs. We aim to arrive in Claremorris by 6pm - just in time for a nice meal and a few bevvies. All are welcome to attend.

2cv

Count me in! Won't be staying overnight or anything, I've a place in Galway (hangdy!!)... I'll be bringing Cécile (that's my 2CV if you're wondering)
:D

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Airhead....is Andrea coming to this...or any other family members...haven't you got a brother who is into old cars that you could rope into the club too? 8)

Hugh....any other family memebrs coming to this...go on.... :)

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I dont reckon Andrea will be at this. She'll be heading back to Brazil on the 8th. That said, maybe she will. Ill be doing an overnight of this. Its too far to go for just the day for me. Ill find an appropriate camp site.

Simon (my brother) isnt that into cars really. He's more just into what they can do for him. Ill keep my ear to the ground for members though, dont worry.

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Airhead!!! Where are you?????

Yourself and Andrea could come down to ours next Friday and then go back after the launch in Claremorris - to have packing time left for Brazil!!!!

Are there any other folk who can make it to the run and/or meal next Saturday....all are welcome - it would be great to have a variety of cars to photograph at he first official run of eircooled - don't worry if you are in another club - you are still welcome to join in here :)

I will need to confirm numbers for the meal though so please let me know on here or by pm - cheers 8)

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
I am gonna see if I can add the vehicles to the list also - it will be nice to know the line up in advance!!!

Claire, Molly and Harry- Orange bay camper :T25:
Tom - Yellow Karmann Ghia :karman:
Edel, Ruairi, & Lucy - Burgundy bay camper :combi2:

Dave - 2cv :)
Eamonn - black bug :blackbeetle:
Airhead - Black/silver T25 Syncro van/camper :vwhead:
Brian - green bug :greenbeetle:
Brendan - orange bug :cabrio:
Noel - yellow convertible bug :strongman:
John - ? :irish:
Declan - silver bug :whitebeetle:

please copy and paste and make additions or corrections as necessary...the line up of cars looks good already :shock: 8)

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the offer Claire. Myself and Andrea will be going down on the 5th to Galway cause we want to see a bit of Galway since its probably one of the only places we havent been so far. But I may still take you up on the offer though all the same. Ill keep you posted. Thanks very much. Andrea says Hi by the way.