Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

23rd August 2008 :: Back Axel Workshop :: Brian's Workshop

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This workshop is open to all members in an aircooled Beetle or Camper.

We will be stripping at least one T2 van and hopefully a Beetle for the intentions of servicing the rear brakes (including replacing the shoes), bleeding the brake system, replacing the handbrake cable, replacing the inner and outer CV joints, and adjusting the height of the rear suspension. We will also look at greasing, CV boots, etc while we are under there.

For location and map details see the main events listing on the main club webpage.

Tea/Coffee and a light lunch will be provided. For insurance reasons this workshop is strictly members only.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tonywalker

Sounds great. Had a look at the events guide but couldnt find it? If you could let me know the location I can plan ahead. Cheers

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I have a Beetle that needs to be lowered and have the brakes done so this would be great for me.
12042008048.jpg

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
It will be in Galway - either my shed or preferably Georges (George?)

Deckie - did you get a chance to stick up the new events list - I think I stuck this on there.

Coxy - yours is the demo Beetle so - I think my van will be the demo van - room for plent more though.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
This won't be in mine coz mine is not mine any more. Anyone else want to volunteer? Anyone else interested at all?

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
I was off the internet for a few days and everthing gets cancelled! My garage in Mayo is always available for workshops any weekend so if you want to use it go a head.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Alright Brian - we basically need someone to just come up with an event and make it happen. Last year Claire and I went nuts making stuff happen (and Deckie came along and joined in) but this year Claire is not around, I'm not available, and Deckie is too busy doing all the other work required to keep this club alive. If you or anyone else wants to take one small (or big) event and make it happen then you have whatever support you need. This is a club as I keep saying and everyone's input is valuable - if an event doesn't work (i.e. Slieve Bloom last year) despite the effort then big deal - we move on and try again. The workshops however are always popular so make it happen dude and I'll be there with some vehicle or another.

Tom

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
athy
fuck this

fuck this

:rroulette:eek:k brian me and u will do this at yours on ur bus been as i am the man:ROFLMAO:so if ur up for it i will do it

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
It's in Kiltimagh Co. Mayo between Swinford (N5) and Knock(N17) 1.5 miles from Kiltimagh on the Swinford road. Do you want to go ahead with the 16th or leave it till another weekend?

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
This workshop is back on. It will be held on Saturday the 23th of August at my place in Kiltimagh Co. Mayo. We will be looking at the back axle of a type2 campervan that needs brakes brake pipes etc seen too and also if you have a problem your vehicle we can look at it to. There will be light refreshments served and if anybody ways to stay over night on friday or saturday or both nights there's plenty of room for campervans and tents. for directions ring me 086xxxx.

This was a good day out the last time it was on last October in Derek and Linda's place in Sligo

Last edited: