Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

22nd July EIRESPARES Show in Monard, Co. Tipperary

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Claire said:
after spending the weekend in it in Leenane with the family it will be wrecked and very non-presentable for a show!!!!

But there could be a bottle of beer and a bag of crisps left :lol:

Beer & crisps! Now you're talking :D

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Is anyone going to this from Dublin? If so, can I thumb a lift to the show? I really want to go to a show but i cant drive now. I live on the north side of the city, in Drumcondra.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Just a wee bit of info about the show on Sunday in Monard:

Tea/coffee & possibly sandwiches will be provided for all entrants in the hall across the road.

Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:

Best Original
Best Type 3
Best Type 2
Best Resto-Cal
Best Cal-Look
Best Rat-Look
Best of Show
Best Daily Driver
Furthest Travelled

N.B. You will get a voting form on entry so you guys have the say as to which VW wins in each category.

Show starts @ 11:30am and goes until around 4pm
There is a huge turnout expected so I would recommend arriving early.

I will be preparing an article for a VW magazine and as such will try and get as many pics as possible. I would like to get people as they arrive to the show so if you see a twat jumping in front of your car with a camera flash the lights, wave etc..........you could be in print very soon :D

See you all there around 11:30am on Sunday.

Cathal

M

mango

there`s at least 4 bugs from wexford heading down in convoy 8)

it`s paulc s ex red bug of dooms maiden voyage for me so it`ll be interesting to see if 4 bugs actually make it there :lol: fingers crossed we`ll all get down and back without any major mishaps.

see ye all there

marv

Club Member
Club Member
July 3, 2007
Dundalk(come on da townnnnn)
mango said:
there`s at least 4 bugs from wexford heading down in convoy 8)

it`s paulc s ex red bug of dooms maiden voyage for me so it`ll be interesting to see if 4 bugs actually make it there :lol: fingers crossed we`ll all get down and back without any major mishaps.

see ye all there

what time you heading through waterford about?
i am in a watercooled. but could follow the convoy over!

M

mango

no problem stephan :wink:

we had a little pre meet get together and tune up at stephans (dust puppy) place earlier was really good to check out the local vws and owners :D

Picture015.jpg

barry[/img]

M

mango

great show great turnout cool cars and nice people big up to martin for a great day out :D

a few of my favorites from the show

Picture025.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture018-2.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture024.jpg

[/img]

danny

Club Member
Club Member
March 31, 2007
Fermoy,co.cork
one of mine

monardcotipp055_edited.jpg
[/img]

great turnout and lots of nice stuff to look at even though i needed somebody to explain the different models to me and was'nt it ironic that the first song the band played was by the waterboys...

marv

Club Member
Club Member
July 3, 2007
Dundalk(come on da townnnnn)
spotted "53" at the show, looked well! on the way i saw a bug alone stopped and checked it later one with one of the wex lads who said it ws one of theirs, hope it got home safely.

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
Great show well worth the drive from Leenane - so many types of VW's and so many types of people all shapes and sizes - and ages

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Was a good show, great turn out and my last chance to give the oval a good blast before handing it over :(

Apparently I nearly choked the guy in the toll booth on the bypass, couldn't help it - when I saw the green light and the barrier go up.... :lol: :wink: