Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] 1964 Patina'd Bug - The POS!!!!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I'm in two minds as to whether I will let this go but realistically I have too much going on and I just don't have the time. I haven't been to the Clubhouse in weeks due to work commitments so it makes sense to let someone else have some fun with this car.
It is scheduled to go into the Jan 2011 issue of Volksworld (on sale next month) in the Projects section regardless - I've written and captioned it and it's laid out so I can't pull the piece now anyway.
Most of you know the car as a rust free Californian import and if you have looked at doing or have done a restoration then you know what a gift a rust free car needing no welding can be. It's perfect for a Rat Look or one of the best bases for a restoration, in fact, it only needs a rub down and a respray.
It has an adjustable front beam, early 911 sway bar, staging brake etc. It's the most solid Beetle I have ever owned and in a perfect world I would mothball this car for when I have time but I really would love to see it out and about at shows. I'm going to throw it on donedeal as well to see if anyone outside of here wants it. If it sells it sells, if not, I'll keep working on it when I get the time.
Pricewise I am asking €3,500 (no offers/discounted for eircooled - €4k anywhere else) which is very cheap considering it's rust free and needs nothing bar a paint job to look as good as new! It does need an interior but you can go for a shitty set if you're going ratty or new TMI covers if you fancy the restored look. It needs an engine but I have 2 engines for sale also; a sweet 1200cc or a 1776cc if you fancy a bit of poke!
As I say, if it sells it sells but if not I will try to get to it at some point just not right now.
64Bug.jpg

64Bug2.jpg

64Bug1.jpg

64Bug6.jpg

64Bug5.jpg

64Bug3.jpg

CoxysRatbug004.jpg

CoxysRatbug003.jpg

Shippers7-9-10052.jpg

CoxysRatbug013.jpg

Last edited:

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Oh wow! I really wanted to buy this when Coxy found it here in Palo Alto, Ca. ( an upper scale neighborhood) :^). This is as rust free as t gets. It has a great vintage race history as well. When I was putting it in the container I had a nosey around underneath and there are some very cool suspension pieces on this car as well. The more that you look at this car the more it becomes clear that it's in amazing condition. I was looking forward to the build thread but understand Coxy wouldn't sell this unless he had something else great in mind. Whoever gets this will have an instant classic. Good luck on the sale.

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
I wish you were selling this a few months ago. I'd definately have snapped it up!

Best of luck with the sale.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Ah man.
I was dying to see this come together once the yella one was done. Thats 2 cars for sale up in the clubhouse now. :(

(plenty of room for those sewing machines you wanted now tho) :p

Everyone who has seen this car has been amazed how solid it is.
That price is a serious bargain. Anyone who's done a resto knows the bodywork is the most expensive (and ballbreaking) part to do. This would be an easy project for someone as it needs NO welding.
Good luck with the sale mate.

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
jees cant believe your selling it,seen this in the flesh and it realy is a cool car I hope it stays as a rat it would be a shame to loose that look.

good luck with the sale.

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
Didn't think you'd let this go Coxy.
I have to agree though it is unbelievable solid.

Best of luck with the sale

BRENDANGOBRIEN

Club Member
Club Member
November 11, 2008
clare
Sad to see you putting this up for sale, had a good look at it a few weeks back and as every is saying it a super solid car, no rust at all. Who every gets it as you said yourself Coxy, it will make a class ratty and with a splash of paint make class restro project. Best of luck with the sale.

If I had the room I'd be very interested myself. Ratty all the way, me thinks.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Man thats nasty that your selling. I've been teasing myself on the samba for one of these. Ah its a great deal.
If only had space, and the key to the ATM. Lotto numbers tomorrow me thinks.

I'd give it a nice lick of paint, and shiny chrome....maybe black or deep blue....lowered...crazy motor..

Sorry dreaming, best of luck Cathal!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Man thats nasty that your selling. I've been teasing myself on the samba for one of these. Ah its a great deal.
If only had space, and the key to the ATM. Lotto numbers tomorrow me thinks.

I'd give it a nice lick of paint, and shiny chrome....maybe black or deep blue....lowered...crazy motor..
Sorry dreaming, best of luck Cathal!
.......And I'd swear to Jesus himself that I'd kick the livin shit outa ya!!!!!