Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

gary1998

Club Member
Club Member
April 21, 2010
dublin
i would n be buying it was just curious seen some range rovers and a disco but modern
looking seller claimed vintage tax and test exempt now i know with these a chassis swap is possible
but think a guard might poke around a zv regged but 02 looking range rover

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
i would n be buying it was just curious seen some range rovers and a disco but modern
looking seller claimed vintage tax and test exempt now i know with these a chassis swap is possible
but think a guard might poke around a zv regged but 02 looking range rover

Thats the rules been bent a little to qualify for the cheaper tax. there's not many vehicles build with a separate chassis now so a chassis number usual means the whole car.

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
If he has it since '85 why does it have a ZV plate with a number like that on it? Maybe it only came into the country in the last few years.

He probably re-registered it as ZV once it turned 30 - there's something about being able to move from an age format plate to ZV but not the other way