Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Brekkie Roll - Limerick

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Really good day today. Well worth the 400km round trip! :) Also nice to meet and put a few more faces to names, Duts, PJ, Justin, Brendan....

Nice video Kieran! (y)

Here are a few more pics....

brekkieroll1.jpg

brekkieroll2.jpg

brekkieroll3.jpg

brekkieroll4.jpg

brekkieroll5.jpg

brekkieroll6.jpg

brekkieroll7.jpg

brekkieroll8.jpg

brekkieroll9.jpg

brekkieroll10.jpg

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
and a few more...

brekkieroll11.jpg

brekkieroll12.jpg

brekkieroll13.jpg

brekkieroll14.jpg

brekkieroll15.jpg

Unfortunately Diarmuid in his '63 lost all electrical power as he was leaving and had to be pushed back under the canopy for the two lads Graham & Padraig to work their electrical knowledge!
brekkieroll16.jpg

A little confused...
brekkieroll17.jpg

So they discuss it on the nearest Whiteboard...
brekkieroll18.jpg

If anyone needs an experts wiring diagram for a '63 Beetle then here you go. The discussion went something like..."the battery feeds the reg, then up to the front ignition, then....AH COCK!!!"
brekkieroll19.jpg

But fair play, they got him going again!

Finally a big thanks to Coxy for organising this. Next year can we have it at 9am so I get home earlier??? ;)

Last edited:

tonyvw

Club Member
Club Member
June 2, 2009
cork city
great show well done to all
nice to meet all
really enjoyed the cream egg
hope now are all back at base

hope this ok
unbanned [i hope] even though i was handed a banned sticker

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I'm just uploading some pics. Great turnout for a cold and later wet February morning. Well done to all who travelled from outside Munster; take a bow The Dublin and Galway massive!
Thanks go to everyone who sponsored prizes and I would ask you to support them in return. I hope that you all got the discount card from Aircooled Accessories and well done to Donal Dollery who won the chrome hinge covers Aircooled Accessories gave as a prize. Diarmuid won the €50 VW Spares voucher (PM me your address please) - thanks to Jon for sponsoring that. VW Heritage gave t-shirts and bags so thanks go out to them too.
A massive thanks to Graham and Brian of CM Signs who sponsored the event stickers. The quality is fantastic as always so I hope you'll give the boys a shout when you need any printing done.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Great day out. I was delighted when Coxy asked me if I'd drive his 71 bug in the absence of my bay. It's been so long that I'd driven a standard beetle that I couldn't find the wipers!! Lovely little motor. We may organise another shortly, maybe the beginning of April or May? Any more regular and we may not get the numbers. Hopefully for the next one we might even get a run in.

Huge thanks to Coxy for the organisation, thanks also to CM Signs, Vw Heritage, VW Spares and Aircooled Accessories.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
There were a few non VW classics in the car park when we pulled in. That was amongst them I think.

bugeye

Club Member
Club Member
May 18, 2009
Limerick
Well, made it home alright after that. So a big thanks out to the lads that stood out in the rain until she fired up again, much appreciated.
Eveything working fine after that, even the wipers, much needed, shocking rain on the way home.
It was a great meet, and hopefulluy it will become more of a regular occurance, well done Coxy.

Thanks again

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
Im sorry I couldn't put up a proper video as my camera wasn't working, happily Kieran put up a very good one. Top job Kieran. I did manage however to make a slideshow of the photos that were uploaded by other people....

I bought a new camcorder this evening so I should be able to make a little recording of the next meet all being well.....

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Just to add my thanks to Coxy for the organisation and to everyone that turned out, great to see such a fine collection of cars and buses on a wet, cold day in February. Had a ball today as well, first meet in a while that I've arrived in a VW...(y)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
first meet in a while that I've arrived in a VW...(y)

slumming it then, yeah?

looking at Justins wiiiiiide photo: fair play to all involved, both organising and attending. I've seen less old VWs at some high profile classic car shows in the Summer, let alone a damp carpark on a Saturday morning in February in LIMERICK of all places ;)