Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dublin Meeting

emo72

Club Member
Club Member
April 12, 2010
dublin
I think we found a new home then and the drive up and down is fun.

eehhh......yea. if you know where your going:p beetles are much faster on those twisty roads than big wallowy vans! im bringing satnav next time(y)

hey brian, rostrevor was the name of that northern ireland show i was telling you about in the early 90s.did you go to that one?

Last edited:

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
Sorry about that I forgot, I thiught everone was behind me, Michaels lights where blinding me so i couldn't see the end of the convoy. I'll leave a bread crumb trail behind next time for you to follow(y)

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
Just in relation to Johnny Foxes, just to say maybe we might sort out the money better next time coz though people put in a tip, it ended up bein a bit short at the end, and the waitress was a little peeved coz most of her tips went back into payin the bill. Just thought I'd let ya know, and it was probably just a mis calculation from some1, pure accidental, but in any case just thouht it better to say it to you guys.

emo72

Club Member
Club Member
April 12, 2010
dublin
Just in relation to Johnny Foxes, just to say maybe we might sort out the money better next time coz though people put in a tip, it ended up bein a bit short at the end, and the waitress was a little peeved coz most of her tips went back into payin the bill. Just thought I'd let ya know, and it was probably just a mis calculation from some1, pure accidental, but in any case just thouht it better to say it to you guys.

hi alice
any idea how much short?

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Everyone says my lights are really strong but the heads werant on, what's the story??

Jesus Alice that's crap. I was saying to Brian we'll should do this again.
Maybe we should make a point of them then.

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
are you sure you were on dip? i remember been infront of you on the way to the goat, and they were BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! and it wasnt even that dark then!

darren

Club Member
Club Member
January 21, 2007
Kildare
Just back from Johnny Fox's... The Bear Gryllis survival skills came in handy. We were lost in the Wicklow mt.s for the last two nights thanks to Brian's short cut!!! Only
kidding... It was a great venue and a great scenic spin. Enjoyed the craic also. Only a pity there's no pic of the 66 beetle parked out front beside the double decker and Austin Seven "FU 2"
Would be more than happy to have meets here...

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
are you sure you were on dip? i remember been infront of you on the way to the goat, and they were BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! and it wasnt even that dark then!

Yeah for certain, the light would have came on if on heads.
Maybe it came standard with the 1500 :lol:

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
hi alice
any idea how much short?

Not sure, all the tips plus an extra few quid from me, so since i don't know what tips she got she got before hand I'm not sure. I'd say possibly a tenner. But the bill was covered, it was fine, just mean't she was disappointed. Just good to keep the staff on side if we make it a regular haunt :)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
will_refrain_from_spitting_in_your_food_for_m_tshirt-p235415353907417410uh2p_400.jpg