Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] ZIP347 is up for sale!

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
I sat down with my wife yesterday and decided we need to sell some stuff. I need to get this house finished and clear it out too.

Many of you already know my Bug, but for those that don't here's the details.

1973 1300 Irish built.
New disk brakes up front
Recently replaced front beam with new ball joints, anti-roll bar and new bushes/rubbers up the front.
Carb has been striped down and rebuilt with new gaskets/rubbers.
Disy has been striped down and rebuilt with new points (no play at all). Also has new plugs.
Everything works in the electrical department.

The only problems are;

The usual rust bubbles
Needs smallest bit of welding on RHS floor pan (not structural, heater channels are perfect)

And the big one: I dropped a valve! so the engine needs a bit of work. This is reflected in the price though: €2,400 I just don't have the time to source and fit the parts...

I am open to reasonable offers for a fast sale.

You can get me on 085-8008510

Pic's below, cheers

Hugo

570.jpg569.jpg

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
lovely lookin car best of look with the sale. but ya should word it different with quotes like "a once in a lifetime opportunity to own such a rare car" !!!!!!!!?????? lol

Last edited:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Jesus thats a very fair price, maybe doing yourself a bit. It suggest "PJ calling" to me, keep it Irish.

Last edited:

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Jesus thats a very fair price, maybe doing yourself a bit. It suggest "PJ calling" to me, keep it Irish.

I have to be realistic with the second hand car market these days... I don't want to spend weeks dropping the price until I finally sell it...

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I have to be realistic with the second hand car market these days... I don't want to spend weeks dropping the price until I finally sell it...

True, stick it into Irish Vintage Scene, stuff seems to sell well out of it.

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Cheers guys... sad to see it go but it's all in favor of a new 2L engine with twin Delorto's, a Stroker cam, oil filter.... you know the story

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Cheers guys... sad to see it go but it's all in favor of a new 2L engine with twin Delorto's, a Stroker cam, oil filter.... you know the story

Kelly is going to let you hold it? Ha
You'll get to smell it, your engine will turn into new windows or something like that lol

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Zippy is provisionally sold, a guy has first refusal on it anyway.... just need to have a solution to the engine problem

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Love this car, hope it's gone to a good home, tried to convince ceara that she should have bought it as her daily. Well done anyway hugo, i think everyone knew it wouldn't hang around for long.

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
Love this car, hope it's gone to a good home, tried to convince ceara that she should have bought it as her daily. Well done anyway hugo, i think everyone knew it wouldn't hang around for long.

Thanks man, hopefully it will all work out. If this engine turns out to be good then we're in business