Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Who's Racing at Bishopscourt June 15th?

Spink

Club Member
Club Member
September 19, 2010
Lisburn
I'll be there as soon as my rig will get me there. Not ideal but it'll hopefully work.

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
here is the racers list for the weekend 4 beetles to upset the Honda's lol.

Steve Keating Honda Civic 1800
Ade Abazi Honda CRX 2000
Rory Flahive Honda Integra 1800
Darren Cooney Honda Civic 1600
Jack Kelly Honda Civic 2000
Daniel Fitzpatrick Honda Integra 2400
Dave Wheatley Vw Beetle 2276
Padraic Bolger Vw Beetle 2165
John Walsh Honda Integra 1800
Shane Kelly Honda Civic 1800
Diarmuid Keeling Honda Civic 1600
David Clarke Vw Golf 3200
Karl Burke Honda Civic 2000
Thomas Cahill Mitsubishi Evo 4 2000
Lee Burke Subaru Impreza 2000
Lewis McIntosh Honda Civic 2000
Adam O Rourke Honda Civic 1600
John Moore Honda Civic 2000
Mark Mccormack Honda Civic 1800
Sean Mullaniff Honda Crx 1800
Conor Doolin Honda Civic 1500
Jonny Kennedy Vauxhall Corsa 1998
Barry Egan Subaru Impreza 2000
Niall Clinton Honda Civic 1600
Magoo McGuire Honda Civic 2000
Declan Duffy Gsxr 1000
Clint Richardson Mitsubishi Evo 1 2000
Eamon Connelly Honda Civic Ep3 2000
Robert Byrne Renault Gt 1764
Eugene Murphy Honda Civic 1600
Tom McCann Honda DA Integra 1800
Steven Troy Honda Civic 1800
Przemeslaw Kacperski Toyota Starlet 1300
Michael Preston Honda Civic 1600
Laurence Hickey Honda Civic 2000
Colm Taylor Honda Civic 1800
Derek Deans Honda Integra DC2 1800*
Mark Fogarty Honda Civic 1600
Liam Neale Vw Beetle 2276
Lee O Rourke Honda Civic 1800
Trevor Browne Honda Civic EG9 1600
Gavin Mitchell Honda Integra DC2 1800
Tj Kavanagh Honda Integra 1800
Karl Lee Honda Civic 2200
Paul Glennon Vw Golf 2000
Keith Boland Honda Integra DC2 1800
John O Brien Honda Civic 1800
Lee Day Nissan Skyline 2500
Neil Ellis Honda Civic fn2 2000
Michael Savage Honda Ef9 1600
John Kearney Honda civic 2000
Aongues Power Honda Civic 1800
Joe Martin Honda Civic 1800
Brian Wilkinson Vw Beetle 2276

Last edited:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Good luck guys, Dave i wanna see a new p.b so get plenty of sleep bagpuss.

Liam, Brian, Podsy, have a ball, enjoy every minute, and remember if youve bothered to sort your rear brakes use them on the line, stage it up a touch on the handbrake and creep the clutch into a bite point, then give it death. Your gearboxes will thank you and youll go home happy.
I really look forward to flikking through here on sunday evening with your stories.

Go get em.!! :D

podsyb

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2009
Kilkenny
Savage day at the strip today, only back home now after catching up with the family, weather was spot on, sunburnt of course, all the beetles looked great lined up, (pics to follow , tis a bit late now), everyone had a few first day out niggles as you'd expect but turned out to be a great day, Caddy produced the goods as you'd expect with a new personal best of 12.3 secs. ( I think), man that car can really move, great work Dave . For us we got the car running at 4 o'clock saturday evening and said we'd give it a quick blast up the road outside the house just to see how things went.................well not great really , took off well and then just died, bloody fuel pump packed in , we tried a few we had but they were all way too strong, so made some calls around and nobody local had anything to suit, by chance I called Caddy and told him what had happened(@ 6 oclock) to which he replied "just tow it up, i'll have something here", so after a quick shower we hit the road at 7:30, landed at Dave's for 11:30 and straight away modified the tank fittings , fitted new pump, fired her up and went to bed :), we arrived early this morning at the track not knowing what the hell would happen once we got her out on the track , so I stepped up first and lined up........ bloody hell it revved like mental, just sat there spinning wheels(scrapyard tyres fitted of course :) ), managed a 15.4 first run so was pretty happy to even make it down, Eamon followed up next running a 14.4, so things were looking up, out I went after again with a 13.9, then a 13.8 and finished up the day with a 13.7 ( i'll get exact figures later), top speed was 99mph for the day ( just couldn't get 100mph), but we pumped up the front tyres a bit for a final run determined to break through 100mph, staged up on the line.....took off lovely and the gearbox let go....ah well, didn't mind one bit cause we loved every minute of the day and already can't wait for next one, huge thanks to Caddy for sorting us with a fuel pump, rev counter and more importantly lending us his spare sticky drag tyres mid way through the day which made a huge impact on our times, launching much better. Great to meet up with Liam and Brian too , ye're cars looked the business, and the craic was great too, so heres hoping for great weather for the next day out, hope to see more vw's at the next one :)