Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

What's it worth?????

kongomush

*****youlater
Club Member
November 24, 2008
Dublin
This bus belongs to a friend of mine. It's living in Castletownbear in West Cork and she was wondering if I knew anyone who would be interested in buying it. She knows it's not worth much but needs to get it shifted as soon as possible. Here's what she says about it.

Its a 1982 Volkswagon Combi, 2ltr, petrol.

And the main problems are: The Hand-Brake is broken, the brake lines need to be replaced, the engine needs attention as it doesn't start all the time, there is rust but its mainly surface rust and the engine probably needs a good service as its very tired and lazy!!

There is one photo of the engine - in-case this would be important?!
Also there is one of where there is a hole for the accelerator pedal! I'd say it is in the van somewhere...
I couldn't lift the roof up as I would have needed a second person, but Dave says that it does pop up but needs attention.
The rest im guessing are self explanatory!

Oh and it would have to be towed out of where it is now....

Cheers, Hugo
van 9.JPGvan 8.JPGvan 3.JPGvan 5.JPGvan 6.JPG

Last edited:

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
I take it theirs no NCT, I'm not well up on bus's. But I wouldn't spend more than €1500 on it at the moment.

beetlebug

Club Member
Club Member
January 1, 2010
celbridge
yea, but im a lazy git.......

plus dont think the other half would appreciate me filling her da's garage even further LOL