Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Volksworlds 1st cover car for sale

69bug

Bugless
Club Member
This would be a nice one to own.
I have a bid on it at the moment what do ye think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1959-VW-beetl...3885717?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c16ef9a95

Why don't you just buy the 1st Issue....much cheaper !!!

issue_11.jpg

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Volksworld did an update on this car about 3 years ago if I remember correctly. It was finally found in an awful state. I had thought it was then bought by someone. I'll try to dig out the issue unless Coxy has it handy?

Edit............. Just found it. It was the (similar coloured) oval on the cover that was found in a state.

Last edited:

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
The photos and description don't match up. He has lots of photos but none which are close up of the problem areas or the inside of the Bug. I'd ask for close up photos of those places before I went much further.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
It's the real deal alright. The boys in the office were talking about it recently. It's a piece of history really considering that issue 1 of the magazine sells for good money so the first cover car should go for decent money too I would suspect.

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Tend to disagree Coxy, dont see why this tired looking 1959 would be worth more then the next 1959? Yeah it was on the cover of Volksworld #1. Unless you bring it back EXACTLY like the cover feature I dont see added value to it.

I have to agree...the only people it would be worth any value to would be the guys at Volksworld themselves! Maybe if they bought it and done a resto article on it before selling it on then maybe it would be worth more then! ;)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I agree with all the above. What I was saying was that to someone who values old VW nostalgia it's worth a lot but the car has to be restored to how it was back then in order to retain that value - if it's modified from that spec at all it loses its value and is the same as any other project car out there.

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
Tend to disagree Coxy, dont see why this tired looking 1959 would be worth more then the next 1959? Yeah it was on the cover of Volksworld #1. Unless you bring it back EXACTLY like the cover feature I dont see added value to it.

I have to agree...the only people it would be worth any value to would be the guys at Volksworld themselves! Maybe if they bought it and done a resto article on it before selling it on then maybe it would be worth more then! ;)

It is a ragtop 1959 so without the history what is it worth? I know it isnt in pristine condition and needs some work.
It was only at £590 when I first posted this Thread. It does have some nice history attached to it and if it was restored it would be a nice car to buy but £4000 reserve?