Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Vintage Volkswagens & Classic Scooters @The Square in Dundalk. August 4th 2018.

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
No Title

OK Guys and girls... We're good to go!
Sat the 4th of August sees our 3rd Meet at The Square in Dundalk town centre.
Starting around 12 noon and running on til 3pm (or later) this is just a laid back meeting held at the open area of the market square outside the Main Court house. We have the green light from the council to hold this event, and Dundalk BIDS office have covered the cost of the insurance. Local radio station LMFM will have their roadcaster there on the day, and there will be free face painting for the kids (and adults....!). theres also talk of an ice cream van too....

With the DRAG DAY taking place the following day, Sunday the 5th, it will prove the perfect spot to call in for a cup of coffee on your way to Enniskillen.
Having held these events here before... they proved to be very popular, with people coming from far and wide to look at the cars and buses. We counted over 40 Vw's at the first one.. This time we're adding in The Classic scooters into the mix, so there should be something for everyone to see.
The Market square is a large open space with plenty of room, so don't be afraid to pull up with your race car en tow... Even if it is a diesel Trev.

Enniskillen is an hour and a half away.. so even leaving Dundalk at 5, you will still be at the racing track before 7 pm.

If anyone needs, I can organise a spot for camping in Dundalk for the Saturday night.

I'll keep you posted... looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible on the 4th.. heres a few photos from the last ones..

Attachments

• photo25898.jpg
    photo25898.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • photo25899.jpg
    photo25899.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Coxy and rolheine

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
Yeh it was a great meet Kev... we had a great selection of cars and buses and the scooters added a real flavour to it too...
Big thanks to the lads who made the journey up from the south and to everyone else who came along.

Thanks Guys!

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Great to see the pics. Fair play Paul. It takes alot of effort to organise shows like that, especially when County Councils are involved.

Nice to see Conor's (CF10) bay there too. Can't have been easy.
I had some thing else on yesterday but I'll try to get both a van and scooter there next year. (don't hold me to that) :unsure:

Reactions: stump

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
Cheers Kev,
yeh It was mixed emotions seeing the turtle. Stevo (Conors best mate) took it up to Dundalk and Alfie (Conors girlfriend) and Paul (Conor's dad) came along for the spin.
Great turnout overall.

Darren rang me at 12 to see if there was any more space to squeeze him in... I said YES... I was the only one there at that stage! but it was full by 1..... phew!

see you next year!

Last edited:
Reactions: EvilMonkley and Rez