Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Vanfest.... Who's been?

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Vanfest is excellent ... well worth the trip over although i think the costs have been creeping up in recent years.
Are you planning on driving over in the bus?

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
Ya, the ferries are a killer.
I flew to Manchester and drove down in a rental car last time, would be much better craic in the van.

Talk to Tom and rascal1 they are regular visitors in their vans.

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Yea I don't think I'd go unless in the van.. Sure that's half the adventure, and camping for the weekend then..

If only this recession would p1ss off a few hundred bucks for the ferry wouldn't seem such a big deal

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I went a couple of years. It's very good but very expensive for a weekend. If I was doing it again, I'd head over for a week and travel around the UK a bit before or after the show too to make the most of it.

Tom

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
athy
i have been going to vanfest for a number of years and had great crack every time,something different every year,last year 3 bays went in convey with me leading the way even better crack..lol...this year there is 4 bays so far going with us..the ferry is 314 euro for the bay, from thurs 8th of sept to mon the 12th thats for 2 adults return..vanfest is now a 3 day festival gates open at 9am on the friday..if any one wants to join us the are more than welcome..(y)

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Cheers Tom. If we can stretch to it we'll defo link up with the convoy.. It was thurs to Monday I was thinking of too..
G

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Try Nutt Travel, theyre up north, ask for Caroline, they do motorsport bookings, she got me, Eilish and my T4 on the stena ferry to Holyhead for £225 gbp , in july!!!! 2 ferries, (Dover to Calais and Dublin Holyhead) only cost us €366

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
Try Nutt Travel, theyre up north, ask for Caroline, they do motorsport bookings, she got me, Eilish and my T4 on the stena ferry to Holyhead for £225 gbp , in july!!!! 2 ferries, (Dover to Calais and Dublin Holyhead) only cost us €366
Cool. Cheers man.. If I can get the few quid together to go I'll defo give her a shout..