Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Stradbally Vintage Rally Sun 24th June

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I know it's that time of year when every tin-pot parish in the country has a "tractors and dog shite" day out for the local turnip-eaters. Next Sunday is Stradbally's turn.

It's not the huge "Steam Rally" where you get a particular breed of turbo-turnip-eaters, that'll be a few weeks from now, the August Bank Hoiday I think but mostly a classic car show in the same venue. It's in the grounds where the Electric Picnic is held.

Anyway, just putting it out there. If you're nearby and at a loose end or are actively seeking out a lineup of ringed UK Morris Minors and Austin Cambridges, now you know where to go :)

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I would, only I've got to attend the Turbo Turnip 'n' Turd Show in Charleville the same weekend…

Yeah, might go to that myself. In punter mode. Going to open every door and bonnet, and rub my just-had-curry-chips hands across the cabrio hoods.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
nope, I'll be bringing the beige Derby with a "for sale" sign in the window. Very hard to get turnip stains off paintwork so I'll keep the Audi at home.

Don't expect too much, it's just a local "sheds and shite" show. If there's one closer to you go to it, they're basically interchangeable ;)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
big enough turnout for a small parish show. I didn't photograph every car, maybe only one third of them. Plus there was a squadron of vintage tractors at the other end of the field. So, carefully picking my steps between the sheep shite I took a few photos.

Star of the show was this, of course:

DSCF1741Medium.jpg

DSCF1743Medium.jpg

DSCF1742Medium.jpg

as you can imagine, I had a queue of punters waving wads of cash at me for it...

:ROFLMAO:

not much VW metal on show, Tom & Silvia were in tow with the inlaws in the purple bus and there was a nice orange bus nearby. One green 1303 and that was it for aircoolers. THe chap who bought my old Derby lives nearby and brought out the whole fleet: the Derby, his Caddy and his Jetta, single handedly more than doubling the rest of the watercooled VW display which was basically the beige Derby and my neighbour's mk1 Golf GL.

Other than that is was morris minors with scowly aul wans and ZV reg MGs a-go-go...

DSCF1795Medium.jpg

DSCF1796Medium.jpg

DSCF1797Medium.jpg

DSCF1798Medium.jpg

DSCF1741Medium.jpg

DSCF1742Medium.jpg

DSCF1743Medium.jpg

DSCF1744Medium.jpg

DSCF1745Medium.jpg

DSCF1746Medium.jpg

DSCF1747Medium.jpg

DSCF1748Medium.jpg

DSCF1749Medium.jpg

DSCF1750Medium.jpg

DSCF1751Medium.jpg

DSCF1752Medium.jpg

DSCF1753Medium.jpg

DSCF1754Medium.jpg

DSCF1755Medium.jpg

DSCF1756Medium.jpg

DSCF1757Medium.jpg
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y7...lly12/?action=view&current=DSCF1757Medium.jpg

Last edited:

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
I forgot as well,even though I was walking the dog in Stradbally woods this afternoon.I could here the tannoy and was wondering what was going on..stupid or wha..???

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Sorry I didn't go now, I'd have pissed myself laughing at Trev wheeling a passport photo machine around the field.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
the best part of the show was a coconut shy.

Picture the scene: rob the gazebo off the front lawn, put your mopey 13 year old son on a deck chair outside, stick a couple of broom handles in the ground and glue a coconut to the top of each. Charge €2 to throw a ball at the coconut. Guaranteed money spinner.

And the best bit: if you knock the coconut you win....

...the coconut. Classic :ROFLMAO:

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
the best part of the show was a coconut shy.

Picture the scene: rob the gazebo off the front lawn, put your mopey 13 year old son on a deck chair outside, stick a couple of broom handles in the ground and glue a coconut to the top of each. Charge €2 to throw a ball at the coconut. Guaranteed money spinner.

And the best bit: if you knock the coconut you win....

...the coconut. Classic :ROFLMAO:

Love that coconut game

Graphic1.jpg