Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

September 11th, 12th, 13th 2009 :: Vanfest

cormac

January 7, 2007
DUBLIN
vanfest is amust if ya have a bus on the road, last year was tight on the cash front as well in my line of work so i went for the spin and to have a laugh. It is great to head over in a big convoy. 4 of us in the van, then went ya get there set up the tent for the 2lads, and then drink your own beer 4 the weekend so in one way it can be a cheap trip, what can i say its wort the trip. Ok so there is the price of the boat etc but its all about the trip on the way. Fan belts snapin, push startin vans, vans leakin more oil than petrol and that was only my bus:blink: only jokin thank god. So who else is goin?

vdubber

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
June 5, 2007
Cork
they ask for number of tickets required, and number of camper 'units'.

this means a tent or a bus.

i booked 2 units and 2 tickets.

i don't know yet what i'll do with the bus. i'll be in liverpool, with one bed apt with parking for 1 car. the company provides a car, so that space will be gone.

the bus might be going into hard storage in a month if i can find somewhere.

so at the moment, plan A is a train ride from liverpool to birmingham, then camping in a tent.

just thought, if anyone is getting ferry to liverpool from dublin, you can crash on couch in my gaff, it's in the swish docklands area. there are 12 of us gone there from cork, so might be able to find another few couches too.

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
i don't know yet what i'll do with the bus. i'll be in liverpool, with one bed apt with parking for 1 car. the company provides a car, so that space will be gone.

the bus might be going into hard storage in a month if i can find somewhere.

Doesn't sound good then.

I'll mind your bus for you and turn it over once in a while. :cooool:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I'll mind your bus for you and turn it over once in a while. :cooool:

2301543130_c2f53f95fc_b.jpg

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
I went to vanfest twice. It was great craic and I'd highly recommend it to someone who hasnt been before. After being there twice I'd leave it a while before returning though, and its very expensive for just a weekend. If I were to do it again (when I have another camper van) I'd stay a week and do it as part of a bigger holiday, or do what Cormac says and get a few people together to share the expense and the craic. I think that actually sounds like the best fun. The journey with the bunch of vans is great fun. I remember coming over the mountains in Wales in what can only be described as a hurricane, battling to keep my bus on the road with the wipers and lights on full belt and not seeing a thing between the dark and the sheeting rain in a race to catch the ferry. Still though, what a drive! And the weather for the weekend was great.

beetlejuice66

August 22, 2009
portlaoise
im heading for vanvest this year too was there the last 3 years its brill myself and a few 3 buses rosslare to pembroke would be great to meet up with a few and have the crack

vdubber

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
June 5, 2007
Cork
DSCN4727.jpg

DSCN4728.jpg

DSCN4729.jpg

DSCN4730.jpg

DSCN4731.jpg

DSCN4732.jpg

DSCN4733.jpg

DSCN4734.jpg

DSCN4735.jpg

DSCN4736.jpg

DSCN4737.jpg

DSCN4739.jpg

DSCN4740.jpg

DSCN4741.jpg

DSCN4742.jpg

DSCN4745.jpg

DSCN4746.jpg

DSCN4747.jpg

we drove down in the ipod (prius).

unbelievable size event. i never knew so many busses existed!

weather was fantastic, great friendly crowd, loads of people in fancy dress, and loads of kids being hauled around in radio flyers.

bought a load of tshirts, a flagpole, and am getting a flag customised for myself.

brill event!