Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Quiet in here.......

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
I'm looking forward to seeing all these top secret sneaky,snakey projects :).The bits I've seen online or heard on the grapevine sound really impressive.This years drag day should be real fun.I will be there,and not working in the Carribean as I thought as I'm leaving my job.Long story,but there is only so much shite a man can endure...;)

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
I'm having a quiet panic attack here thinking of all the work I have ahead of me before the big day...first time in about ten years we've decided to take two weeks holidays also this year so have a bare three weeks to go before then...ahhhhhh....

Have no brakes, no pedals, no glass, no electrics, no gearbox, no handbrake, no fuel tank, no guages, no tyres, engine is in Armagh and has never been fitted to the car and the body hasn't been reunited with the chassis in nearly three years....ahhhhhhhh :D

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
I'm having a quiet panic attack here thinking of all the work I have ahead of me before the big day...first time in about ten years we've decided to take two weeks holidays also this year so have a bare three weeks to go before then...ahhhhhh....

Have no brakes, no pedals, no glass, no electrics, no gearbox, no handbrake, no fuel tank, no guages, no tyres, engine is in Armagh and has never been fitted to the car and the body hasn't been reunited with the chassis in nearly three years....ahhhhhhhh :D

So you'll be there in the porsche then..;)

Crikey,you're going to be a busy little bee.I'm really looking forward to seeing this car.Good luck with the reassembly.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
356 isn't in much better shape at the moment, not a good idea to be attempting work on everything...at the same time...

Is there time to do an IRS conversion on the ghia? Have the (IRS) gearbox to slot in once done but thinking I've enough to be doing between here and then...standard gearbox might not be up to much though I guess it'd be better to be there with a shite gearbox than not at all?

What to do...

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo

Have you got a good pair of runners??????

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Im on holiday, were working away at things so dont panic, everything is under control ( i think LOL )

I havnt run this season ( in the dry ) and im itching to get out and our drag day is the next event on the calender, theres been some serious amounts of building going on this year which is so good to see.

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
356 isn't in much better shape at the moment, not a good idea to be attempting work on everything...at the same time...

Is there time to do an IRS conversion on the ghia? Have the (IRS) gearbox to slot in once done but thinking I've enough to be doing between here and then...standard gearbox might not be up to much though I guess it'd be better to be there with a shite gearbox than not at all?

What to do...

Run the shite geatbox,and brimg a trailer ;)

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Fuck me you couldnt make it up, anyone who knows british drag racing history will be excited to hear Karl Donovans pro stock car has landed in Ireland, " Bugeyed " is coming to town off the back of one little event in 2013!!!!

p0x

Club Member
Club Member
November 15, 2006
Cork

Bicycle, is it?

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
10462886_10204065777835024_6171132716608088653_n_zps2c21a3c3.jpg

10410128_10204065777995028_8836657891373900637_n_zpse41f46ff.jpg

heres John with Lenard Otto.

10444381_10204065778195033_480671781646888056_n_zps91da0839.jpg