Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Oxo 17

al_mcc

August 2, 2015
Ballymoney
Oxo 17 - Oxford Island, Lurgan Sunday 7th May 2017 from 12pm onwards. Sunday show and shine but a lot of folk heading up on Saturday to camp over and meet up. After last years tremendous support hoping to make this bigger and better than ever - as always everybody welcome, look forward to seeing the Eircooled legends there. List of other events posted for all to enjoy.

Attachments

• photo22821.jpg
    photo22821.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Brian Raftery

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Hi guys,
a warm welcome awaits at OXO 17 and all other events by our wee club NBOC. Jump in those dubs and make roadtrips and memories. Great links up north via the super duper M1!

Great catching up with many of you at Volksworld. Join the craic at OXO etc. OXO is a lovely wee show, beautiful location on shores of Lough Neagh with a cafe, visitors centre, facilities, play park for Young Dubber's! Receive a welcome pack with voting slips, just park up and enjoy the atmosphere with People's Choice awards later in the day. Come and expect a welcome!

magpie

Club Member
Club Member
November 3, 2006
Sligo
Well worth the effort, Camp overnight Saturday or travel there on sunday morning show starts at 12.00. For eircooled folks in border counties, and round Dublin & greater Dublin area OXO is a handy trip. Oxford Island Nature Reserve is off Jcn 10 on M1 near Lurgan on southern shore of Lough Neagh, Oxford Island Nature Reserve is well signposted, can't miss it.

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Eamon thanks for the recommendation and support. Looking forward to seeing you again. Fire up those engines, organise a convoy and expect a welcome and great day. Oxford Island nature reserve is a beautiful location on the shores of Lough Neagh, play park, cafe etc on site. This is an NBOC free show and our gift to the vw community. All welcome.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Peter (pete67) is in Limerick next week until Saturday so I was thinking of convoying with him on Saturday up north and then to Oxo on Sunday morning. Anyone else interested?

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I presume Dublin but you'll have to ask Peter as he'd be leading the way.

im on my way back from Stanford Hall so I'll get to talk to Peter tomorrow I'd say and I'll find out. You interested?

willsbug

Club Member
Club Member
February 25, 2016
ballina co mayo
I'm thinking of going up on either Saturday eve or Sunday morning anyone else from Mayo or the west heading up could meet up.

Reactions: Coxy

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Anyone else thinking of heading along? Surely some of the VeeDubbers on the Kildare / Dublin side would like to pop along for the day?

Weather is going to be good so I'm looking forward to hopping into the Beetle and making my way to Oxo after years of saying I must go :D

Eircooled convoy anyone?

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
All welcome to OXO!! The weather's great get in those dubs and make memories! There's camping at Oxford island kinego marina from Friday to main show on Sunday. Just phone Oxford Island to book. If your coming up on the Sunday head for Oxford Island discovery centre. You'll see the crowd. I'm head north with Coxy Saturday via Sligo. I'm heading to the show Sunday after church. ALL WELCOME.

rolheine

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2009
Dowra Co.Leitrim
Pete, if you and Coxy (and anybody else on route to OXO) would fancy a coffee and a short rest between Sligo and Enniskillen on Saturday you are more than welcome at my place just outside Dowra (first village on the young Shannon)!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
No Title

Some difference an hour makes.........it's getting sunny and hot out there! Anyone else for Oxo? I'm meeting Mikey and Niamh shortly to cruise from Dublin to Oxo.

Attachments

• photo22955.jpg
    photo22955.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 0

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Oxo 2017, what a show it turned out to be.

I had never been to Oxo before, as Coxy mentioned we meet up with him Sunday morning at the Red Cow around 9AM, convoying up to Oxford Island for 11AM.

The convoy was great fun, with me and Niamh in my 1970 Bug and Coxy in his lovely 1975 Bug. Both cars cruised along without an issue. Although Coxy did manage to annoy the attendants at the M1 Toll Plaza's..

Fair play to Peter Ferguson and the crew at NBOC, really welcoming to everyone who came - some super cars on display there in a brilliant location.

Going to try get back there next year, that's all my photos sorry I didn't take more.

Mikey.

Reactions: Coxy

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Although Coxy did manage to annoy the attendants at the M1 Toll Plaza's..

Ya bollox! I'm never going through tolls behind you again :p

I've never seen the ladies leaning out of their booths shouting after people like they did for you!!!! ............and then they gave out to me in your absence :D