Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Midlands Volkswagen VAG show 28th June 2015 in Columb Barracks, Mullingar

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]via Facebook:[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Hi, On behalf of all at Midlands Volkswagen (MLVW), I would like to invite all at Carbs & Chrome to our first car show, (vag). Its on the 28th June 2015 in Columb Barracks, Mullingar. [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]We hope this date would be suitable for a nice drive to the midlands.[/FONT]

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
i was talking to one of the members and i was told all aircooled are welcome nice to see something on in the midlands

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
anyone travelling up to this event i have a few spaces at my place outside mullingar if you want to camp out saturday evening/night get a fire going and a bit of a bbq if interested let me know :D

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
thanks trev these guys are making a bold step in organising a new vw show in ireland let alone the midlands and all aircooled and eircololed are welcome so i hope it aint going to be all watercooled so please support the mlvw gang and lets show what a good turnout means (y)

Willow

October 30, 2012
Mullingar
Hey everyone, On behalf of MLVW and with only a couple of days to go we welcome everyone to MLVW's first ever show!
Aircooled all welcome!
We picked June hoping for some good sunshine so lets hope the sun comes out to shine on Sunday!

So we welcome everyone to Mullingar this Sunday, Hope as many of ye as possible can make...!

11219638_832603143441748_8172819323161221766_n_zpshhd6zybr.jpg

And a quick rundown of the plan of action for the day...fairly straightforward!

Some details in relation to our show on June 28th:
Entry fees will be collected at the gate on the way in. 10 euro per car + 1 passenger.

9.00am - Gates open to outdoor exhibitors
11.00am – Gates open to all

12.30pm - Outdoor exhibitors must all be in position and entry forms handed in to club office.

1pm -3pm - Judging will take place. Make sure and have your entry form’s filled in and handed back to the club office. Include your name, telephone number, and registration of your car.

4.00pm – Prize Giving

5.30pm - close of show. We may get finished up sooner than this but there is a busy schedule during the day!

DJ Marc Harris will be spinning the discs to keep a cool, chilled out and relaxed vibe throughout the show.

We must stress how important it is to get your entry forms filled in and handed back! Your car will not and cannot be judged otherwise! The entry forms/judging sheets will be handed to you at the gate on the way in so probably best fill them in as soon as you get into the show and hand them back in to the MLVW club office.

List of Traders present at this event, bring plenty of money with you!
Address for satnav's;
Columb Barracks Ashe Rd, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath

Hope this is enough info for you guys and we really look forward to seeing you at the show!

If anyone needs any further information please message us here on our Facebook club page.

show_zpsvdcv2fzp.jpg

biddlebop

Club Member
Club Member
November 8, 2010
westmeath
anyone camping over saturday night i am located on the R392 road west of mullingar / roscommon route when you get to rathconrath give me a call on 089 4118145 and i will guide you up to the house i wont be there untill 4 30 so take your time coming down or up saturday and arrive safe many thanks

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
And there's more.....

MLVW 12.jpgMLVW 13.jpgMLVW 14.jpgMLVW 15.jpgMLVW 16.jpgMLVW 17.jpgMLVW 18.jpgMLVW 19.jpgMLVW 20.jpgMLVW 21.jpg

MLVW 22.jpg

Saw this at Dubshed earlier in the year - but didn't take photos at the time:
Ghia 1.jpg

Ghia 2.jpg

Ghia 3.jpg

Last edited:

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
Some water coolers I would happily have taken home (and for some reason the "pick-up" really took my fancy)

MLVW 25.jpg

Liked this too.... nice engine bay
MLVW 26.jpg
MLVW 27.jpg

Maybe not the wheels (for me anyway),
MLVW 28.jpg

MLVW 29.jpg

MLVW 30.jpg
MLVW 31.jpg
MLVW 32.jpg

Another nice clean engine bay
MLVW 33.jpg

Attachments

• MLVW 24.jpg
    MLVW 24.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 0

bug eireann

Club Member
Club Member
July 19, 2010
Midlands
And finally... spent HOURS on ZIPPY yesterday washing, polishing, shining, buffing - the full works - all in anticipation of taking him to MLVW today. Drove him into the garage for the night, then when I went to leave this morning I turned the key, heard the solenoid click then....... nothing..... absolutely nothing. Ended up going in the Golf. GGGRRRRRR.

At the show, saw these on a rear window:

MLVW 36.jpg

and this one in particular jumped out at me........ :)

MLVW 37.jpg