Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

May 2nd - 4th 2009 :: Strandhill Camping Weekend

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Shuggie + ?
Declan (+1 maybe)
Brian
Richiemack (+ ?)
Thunderbug (+?)
George, Alma + Evin
Mary
Ruairi + Edel + Lucy
Valerie and Rascal1
Ger
Padraig
Andrew, Hayley, and Kids
Tom R + 1
Cyril & Ann Dolan

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Will our gazebo being going?
I have the banner ;~)

I thought the gazeeeeeeeeeebo was long gone?

DD4L4086.jpg

IMG_0495-1.jpg

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
strandhill camping

strandhill camping

I'll check with Sean and Mary re the gazebo

hope the weather picks up was walking the beach in stranshill yesterday 8 degrees

shuggie

Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
Camping details

Camping details

Just been out at the campsite walking my dog - we can have our usual field as long as we stay over at one side and fill out the field as people arrive. There are some new lecky points in the field. IE we must keep a tidy grouping. after all it is the bank holiday weekend and there will be quite a demand for camping spots

when you pass the entrance barrier, turn left and keep going and you'll find our field.

The rates are as follows

Camper and two adults €20.00
Family tent and two adults €20.00
Camper two adults and two kids €22.00
two man tent and two adults €17.00

If there a good show the above will be rounded down

must ask him for rate for a single person tent with one person

regardings run on sunday might there is a eagle sanctuary www.eaglesflying.com near Ballymote with free flying demos at 11.00 am and 3.00 pm daily lasting about an hour depending on weather conditions. in the alternative we coud go to Parkes Castle near Dromahaire or to King House in Boyle.

Strandhill has a few amazing pubs - main one Byrnes is adajcent to the camp site and has a chinese upstairs, also there is a pizza place close by.

I've spoken to Mary Allan and she will bring the gazebo down for me.

see you Friday/Saturday.

SHUGGIE

Last edited:

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
All going well, I'll be joining you for the run on Sunday. Do ye know the time ye'll be setting off or would it be as well to meet at the campsite first?

rascal1

Club Member
Club Member
January 12, 2007
Marino, Dublin
Intend being there tomoorow night by 11.30. Depends on traffic from dublin. I know where strandhill is but where is the site or does it have a name.

Lappie

Club Member
Club Member
May 27, 2007
Omagh
Gary G caravans are cool. Bring yours along and we can start the eircooled caravan club. We should be down sometime Friday.

shuggie

Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
Directions

coming from dublin - Galway N4 - two choices

1. - On Dual carraige way from Collooney take the turn signed BALLINA strandhill go straight under railway bridge and continue, you'll see a church after a few miles go left and continue on for another few miles and you'll find yourself in Strandhill, tun left down a hill passing a church then turn right to the airport and immediately turn left into the campsite and go left see below.

if you miss the above turn continue into Sligo along relief road. And keep an eye out for signs for strandhill or airport turn at railway station and proceed to strandhill

For travellers from Donegal and Enniskillen please turn right at the railway station.

once in strandhill you come to small roundabout take the second exit down the burma road, you'll come to a church take a right and almost immediately turn for the airport you see a turn then to your left into the campsite, once in the camp site turn left immediately and keep going into a big square field - thats our spot, try and assemble against the far wall to the left and fill up from there

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/caravan-parks/camping.php?id=88

HOW TO FIND US: Strandhill is 8km West of Sligo on R292.
Site is on Airport Road.

happy driving

SHUGGIE
G.P.S. N54 16229 W08 36 153