Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Looking for Karmann beetle

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
You still have a red '73 beetle?

Poppys beetle ....

IMG_2798.jpg

banaltra

Club Member
Club Member
June 25, 2008
Dublin
912's have doubled in price in 6 months. Early 911 have always been expensive. I'd like a nice 911R if we are dreaming.
I noticed that myself, too much looking at the samba!!! Hhhhmmm, ther pretty good dreams all the same :) Coxy, r u a dealer these days? No wonder u can afford to do up burty and import ur little surprise from over the pond!!!!!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
"Last of yer yokes now folks!" If I was a dealer I wouldn't have spent all these years getting work done on Burty, he'd have been done years ago and I'd have a fleet of them by now!!!!

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
912's have doubled in price in 6 months. Early 911 have always been expensive. I'd like a nice 911R if we are dreaming.

One in particular I have known since 2004 has gone from £7800 to £12950, having changed hands twice. Good investment, if it's a good one.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
surely there are people outside of the "scene" that own 912s and wouldn't be aware of the increase in value within the scene. thesamba mightn't be a good place to look for such a car due to the scene tax. Maybe the likes of craiglist would be better? Mind you the scenesters would be scouring craigslist too so you'd need to get in quick.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Still think Gerry 3.6 Zeemax's 912 is a great deal - it looked very solid and the price was very fair ;)

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Internet Trev, the great equalizer. If anyone isn't in the scene they have a friend who is. I put an ad on Craigslist and within 10 minutes of the posting had 7 emails wanting to buy. They have programs to alert them when a certain car is posted I think. Dealers have several people on the look out for cars for them and are known to have money now, that's why I tell people who want me to find them a bus to be ready the instant I send pictures because they go fast.