Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Looking for a spacer

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
jeez, I'd be inclined to stick with spacers over washers. The wheels have a large mounting face for a reason, and the spacers are sufficiently large for the same reason: to evenly distribute forces from the wheel to the hub and to evenly distribute the forces of tightening the nuts over the wheel and the hub.

If it was the "done thing" you can be sure you could buy washers in the aftermarket and they'd all be doing it.

I realise you might have proven to yourself that the washers work but for peace of mind I'd pay out the tenner or whatever the spacers cost.

I get a pic of the "washers" i picked up last year

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
I had the same problem
Mine were only just rubbing i didn't know there was a problem till i heard a little tick tick when the wheen was spining

I had some Galvinised washers 30 - 40mm in diameter
Poped them in and they spaced them out about 2mm perfect
went and bought a handfull in the local builders providers for about 2 euro
Job done

:eek:...please nobody else do this!!! I'm sorry deckie but that has to be the most stupidily dangerous thing I've heard done in a long time!!!

Please go change them ASAP! ;)