Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Leinster Motor Club annual Vintage Regularity trial. Sunday 30th June.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
http://www.leinstermotorclub.ie/vintage-veteran-run

Im a bit late posting this but it's a great event, bit like a treasure hunt but you've to maintain a certain average speed an arrive an depart checkpoint on the route at specific times an in certain directions. I've missed it the last few years but would love to do it again, we almost won our category last time we did it but a wrong approach an dropping time trying to correct it dropped us to 3rd.

Starting at the Goat, onto Avondale an Finishing in Ashford. I might need to raise the Oval an inch or I could take my old 85' Polo.

Last edited:

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Yeah, they won an award for best period costume.

We lost, Eilish still gives out as she was sending me down one road an I said it was the next, I was wrong an we got a wrong approach plus it was the long way round so cost us time. If I had listened to her we would have won.

We didn't know what we were doing but it's really quite simple. Follow the directions, there's 1 or 2 spotters making sure you pass through the right route, then check in to lunch an finish at the correct time, an fill out a treasure hunt style observation sheet while cruising along.

If its sunny, it's a great way to cruise around Co.Wicklow.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
I headed along to this event after, I'll write up a report tomorrow an add more pics but for now here's a few pics from the start at the Goat!

Super 60

Our teams busy calculating times and route cards before the start.

The Oval with her number on.

My Dad entered in my Breadvan LOL.

An theyre off...

Last edited:

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Loving the 356 and the white 911, did you get a rear photo of 8000YI by any chance?