Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Parts] KG High Backs ,2.1 engine

mac

Club Member
Club Member
So I have some stuff to go ,firstly a have a very good set of Karmann Ghia high back seats which came out of my 1969 there red in colour possibly need some padding but little else pics if needed ,250 ono
Now the beast -a 2.1 upright aircooled engine ,beautiful motor ,all tinware sand blasted ,filled smothed and etch primed -and 2k top coat matt red paint ,this is one of those engines you read about in Ultra and Volksworld -and @ 2k is a fraction of the price it would cost to build and I'm sure a smaller engine went for alot more in the last few months -:D
attachment.php

attachment.php

it was built by Laurie Petty.only has about 1000 miles ago so hardly ran in , crankcases-machined for 94mm barrels.,with long stroke crank=2110cc ,mild cam.041 heads,uprated oil pump+external filter.
solid pushrods.,009 distributer,petronix ignition+bosch coil,deep sump,lightened 8dowel flywheel,brand new 75amp alternator ,big bore,ceramic coated exhaust system.
genuine weber idf 40:D-chokes machined to same as44s.inc linkages+filters.
recently dynoed at 93 bhp.+compression tested.recent oil,filter+plugs so the bad bit offer around 2k

Fire away with the Questions ??

G

Is this mine / whatucolm 's old engine ? I'm interested if it not already sold