Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

June 8th 2008 :: Mosney Car Show

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Before
2e80_1.JPG

After!
dscf9059ol3.jpg

Car of show for me, all in 2 weeks too! really liked the way you could look into the rust below the gutter and see through the interior light! Or see grass through the floor! Ireland is Hoodride nation, NCT free motoring for the over 30's!!!

Good to see Ben make the trip down in the 2276 56'.

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
hi all thats my type 3 but they are not before and after shots.more like before and during give me a chance i only had a week of evenings to do the brakes service the engine replace brake and fuel lines lower it ind give it a scrub. And who's the sneekey bastard that tried to buy it from under my nose?:aggressive:thanks for the complements going to start posting pics on here of the progress

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The typ3 was total rotten. A shame for the show.
I think it's time to announce a real typ3 show car.
Next year for Mosney we will present it.
Just wait a year and then you will see a squareback and not a peace of rust.
Everybody knows, that i had only 2 weeks for the beetle and you know what i have done with it. This time we have 1 year.

that sounds like a challange. I have gotten this far in a week i am sure i can give you a run for your money by this time next year.dont appriciate you calling it a piece of rust,that was the bad side in that pic,the other side only has one hole:ROFLMAO:

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
I have seen it in Mosney. It is a peace of rust.

The challange is opened now. We see next year in Mosney who made it ;)

Any rules, or open?
only 1 rule .starting point has to be a car bought for not more than 100 yoyos:ROFLMAO:

Dustpuppy

November 19, 2006
Wexford
www.wexford-beetles.com
Oh, giving up so soon?

I bought this for 400 Euro and it's still in bits. Is this ok for a challange?

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/the_dustpuppy/type3 squareback/?start=0

If you want, you can come and have a look at it, to see that nothing is done on the body and it's also nearly rotten and in bad condition like yours.
I have no electrics and some parts are missing. The roof of mine is total damaged, because it was 17 years in a shed and then the roof of the shed burned down. I think, i have more to do then you.

Last edited:

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
Oh, giving up so soon?

I bought this for 400 Euro and it's still in bits. Is this ok for a challange?

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/the_dustpuppy/type3 squareback/?start=0

If you want, you can come and have a look at it, to see that nothing is done on the body and it's also nearly rotten and in bad condition like yours.
I have no electrics and some parts are missing. The roof of mine is total damaged, because it was 17 years in a shed and then the roof of the shed burned down. I think, i have more to do then you.

your on so.I want to haul my pile of rust around to the shows this summer so youve got a head start .Thats a nice sunroof

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
I think this needs a thread of it's own now, Deckie?

Good luck to the pair of you, this should be interesting. ;)

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
Aww Riggsi, I like it the way it is!

'Squareback build-off', episode 1 airs on TV3 Tuesday 17th at 9pm.

Move over Jimmy Shine!

i know i love the look but if i dont do somthing with it the roof is going to peel off as im driving and the drivers seat will end up on the road.