Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Joggler / joddler / edge setter

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
Does anyone have a hand joggler they don't use and would be interested in selling?

punched-hole-and-joggler-pliers-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9A%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A5%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%81-%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B9-kstools-120446.jpeg

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
I know they say a bad tradesman always blames his tools, but I invested in a really good welder late last year and it has made such a difference to my welding. I used to have a SIP Migmate but didn't end up using it that much as I found it difficult to work with. My new welder is a Portamig 185. It's so much easier to get the settings correct for the gauge of steel you are welding. Lowest setting is 15amps so it's great for welding thin steel like car bodywork. It's made in the UK and is a very solid machine. The wire feed is rock solid reliable and is semi-synergic so the feed speed adjusts automatically to suit the power setting being used. Also has a spot weld timer which, although you could do without it, is handy to have. And it uses full sized gas bottles. Really happy with it. Just need a joggler for a job this week and they're much pricier than I was expecting new.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
I got one for work,used it once an fired it in the toolbox. Butt weld everything, I'd spend the money in more vise grip. The punch is great though, mines separate.

I guess for bigger sections the pneumatic one is a good yoke to have.

Last edited:

Kevin O'Brien

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2008
Dundalk/Dublin
Cheers lads. Based on the advice above I'm gonna leave it for the time being. I'll go with Trev's big butts on this job instead. It's repairing rust in the cills of '99 Yaris...! I might pick up a joggler in the future if the work on the oval requires it.

Tony

Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2012
Arklow
Hi kevin where did you get your Portamig 185 ? and more importantly how much ?if you want to borrow my joggler I am in dunloaghaire most days and can meet up somewhere.