Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Irish Festival of Speed - August 3rd/4th 2013

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
The Irish Festival of Speed is the largest celebration of car culture in Ireland, a five star mix of all things automotive; Racing Cars past and present, Rally Cars, Supercars, Vintage and Classics, Motorcycles and Air Displays! Organisers are still finalising the Festival Timetable and it will be available shortly. In the meantime here are some highlights (all events occur ‘both’ days unless indicated).

August Bank Holiday weekend, Limerick racecourse.

Anybody going?

http://www.carbsandchrome.com/event/irish-festival-of-speed/

VDubbin

Club Member
Club Member
November 17, 2011
Limerick
Yup, I'm giving them a hand with the marshalling. About a dozen or so Backroaders heading to it too!

Congratulamataions on the pending nuptials!

johnnyg

Club Member
Club Member
August 23, 2010
Athy
Duts and Liam are getting married.I did not know that...

You'll make a great couple.Best of luck for the future..

;)

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
was there any "speed" there as in the racing kind, i heard they couldnt get insured??

tonyvw

Club Member
Club Member
June 2, 2009
cork city
stunts by two planes / motor bikes went around the track outside the horse track
plus quads done a run around i belive a few cars had a run i didnt see them
only two white beetles there that i saw

adrianfa

Club Member
Club Member
October 10, 2011
Galway
I went along today as well. I didnt get there until half 2 but not a lot to see really.
The 'speed' circuit wasn't great as you could only see about a quarter of it. I thought it was better when it was in Adare manor.
Mattie Griffin was great I thought. He displayed some great skill.
The race between the aeroplane and the maserati was a bit lame.
The porsche club had a great display, made my longing for owning one even worse :).
There were also some Ferraris, BMWs, mercs, and mazdas mx-5s on display as well.
As Tony said, only a few VWs to be seen in the car park. I also saw a fastback and a brown 1303.
There weren't many stalls there either. If you took out the coffee/chips/ice cream ones, you hadnt much left to see.

The day was a bit disappointing after waiting 2 years since the last one...

EvilMonkley

Club Member
Club Member
June 19, 2010
Geneva
Ye must have been at a different show to this chap -
http://cars.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/irish-festival-of-speed/5425250

"probably one of Irelands best festivals ever." ... "worlds best cars" :rolleyes:

Has that bloke just put an add up for an event that has already happened. What's the flipping point of that.
Is he just sitting there going woo what a great show that was that i was at yesterday I shall tell the world about it. But where would be an appropriate outlet for this oh I know that site where people occasionally sell cars. I shall tell the tire kickers and general time wasters on there and I shall leave my number so they can call me and tell me about events that have already happened such as, The Big Bang , the dinosaurs, the meteroite that may have killed the dinosaurs, the coming of arnold, the dark ages, the light ages, WW1, etc etc etc.

What a dick!!!

VDubbin

Club Member
Club Member
November 17, 2011
Limerick
He probably just reworded the old ad that was up advertising the event beforehand? He's one of the co-founders of the IFS.

I was the muppet in the cap and goggles directing people to the turnstiles for most of the weekend, BTW.

Last edited:

tonyvw

Club Member
Club Member
June 2, 2009
cork city
He probably just reworded the old ad that was up advertising the event beforehand? He's one of the co-founders of the IFS.

I was the muppet in the cap and goggles directing people to the turnstiles for most of the weekend, BTW.

you are very pleasent chap you even said hi to my granson and me

Last edited: