Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

walshe

Club Member
Club Member
August 3, 2009
athy
veg oil usually keeps up with the price of diesel around where i live. anyone know of anywhere its cheap???

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I hear there.s a place in gores bridge co kilkenny that sells veg oil. You'd want to be buying it in bulk to make it worthwhile though. I reckon They deliberately keep the supermarket oil prices in line with diesel to stop people buying 70 x 1 litre bottles.

Has anyone done anything about producing their own veg oil from waste chip fat? There was a chap on t2i a couple of years ago in the uk that was making his own in his garden shed. Had an over supply problem, he was making more than he could use!

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
There was a guy on TV recently had a mini waste oil cleaning plant in a arch under a bridge in London, cabbies queuing up all day for the veggie oil that was collected from local chippers and that. Great business to be in right now.

walshe

Club Member
Club Member
August 3, 2009
athy
i used to use waste houshold chip oil i collected of mates in work in a mk2 jetta td i had, all i did to it was strain the oil through an old cotton tshirt to take the lumps out and then sraight into the tank, never gave any trouble either