Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

HOTVWs feature car- 1956 Oval Rag

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
It was just a price comparison I was talking about, that you could buy a brand new car for that price. Iknow a new car won't come with the same smile factor/ Fun factor as this car would :)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
1956Oval2387Turbo3.jpg

[/img]
1956Oval2387Turbo2.jpg

1956Oval2387Turbo.jpg

[/img]
1956Oval2387Turbo1.jpg

T

TunedPerfection

Paul C said:
some mentioned gates of heaven...IMHO.it is in a whole different ball park as it is probably the best split bug in the world IMHO.

Paul:
I appreciate your reply. You are spot on with what you said. In regards to Randy's old car, an even Richard's old car since they are both in the same stable now, they are notches above mine no doubt. I used Randy's as inspiration for mine. They both sold in the neighbourhood of $65K to $75K USD if memory serves correct. And we all know what kind of money was tied up to build those cars. Darren Dilley and Darrell Baker's cars as well. Stephen Szantai has a good chapter in his book with these top notch cars. I would consider mine a notch below those cars, and it is priced accordingly. I see GFK cars on the Samba for sale for $39K with stock motors. WTF?? I don't know why there have not been more bites on mine but I am in no hurry to sell. It's priced well I believe, and I know the quality that went into it. You're right. Someone will come along, I just need to make sure my message (car for sale) reaches the masses and I appreciate any help anyone can give me. And a special thanks to Coxy for getting things rolling on your side of the pond.

T

TunedPerfection

Coxy- I hope you are playing the lottery religiously, cuz I know you want the car, and I think that's my best bet that you can buy it!!! Marty Staggs in Cali will be doing some custom fab stuff this winter, I will send pics as the new mods come together.... :wink:

T

TunedPerfection

Over Christmas we will be installing the Peloquin Limited Slip Differential. While the engine is apart the header and "Y" intake will be sent to Marty so he can fix up any shortcomings in the CB exhaust, perhaps add on a new wastegate that will be adjustable from inside the car, and fab up a new intake that I can use CO2 with to cool the intake charge. Therefore I will be able to run more boost and make even more power. Should be fun on the track (and street) next year. 8)

T

TunedPerfection

SOLD!!!

SOLD!!!

Coxy:
Thanks for all your help with the promotion of my car for sale. I am happy (and sad) to say that the car has been sold now. An agreement was met tonight with the gentleman who purchased my last project car from me. I am taking that car back plus cash for the '56. I'll miss the '56, but I know it will be in very good hands and if he ever decides to sell it I will have the first right of refusal.

Again thank you for all you did to help me sell it. :D