Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Halloween In Barretstown

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
Hi Declan,

I am sorry for only getting round to emailing you now. I know I said in the summer about emailing about a date if you guys wanted to come down for the Autumn camps.

We have a haemophilia camp coming up at the Halloween break and were wondering if you guys would be interested in coming down for a spooky adventure either on Friday the 30[SUP]th[/SUP] or Saturday the 31[SUP]st[/SUP] of October?

We could arrange it for any time on either of those days we could maybe bring them on a Halloween drive and then do some trick or treating in either the cottages or the campervans!!! It’s going to be a predominately male camp due to the illness served and they will be aged 7 to 17 so I’d say they would get a great kick out of it!!

We could take you guys into the costume room to dress up before the kids get down just with the time of year it is!!

I know it’s really short notice so there is no pressure on you guys whatsoever. If you can’t make it we will have you down next Spring and Summer for sure!!

Thanks a million,
Bernie

What do you think?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Count me in! Should be able to do either evening but if we're doing Halloween at home then the Friday would probably work better at Barretstown.

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Not certain if I'll be able to make it, Friday would probably be better - I'll do my best to make it though!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Friday 30th October - 6:45pm in Ballymore Eustace

This looks like it's the last one of the year so lets try and make it a good one eh?

1. Coxy
  2. Trev
  3. Duts
  4. Mikey (maybe)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Friday 30th October - 6:45pm in Ballymore Eustace

This looks like it's the last one of the year so lets try and make it a good one eh?

1. Coxy
  2. Trev
  3. Duts
  4. Mikey (maybe)
  5. ???

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
has Bernie been told we've chosen Friday night?

anyone who has been to this before should try to get there again, anyone who has never been, it's well worth your time. Even if the kids there didn't benefit a jot from your presence (but they will!), you'll knock great craic out of the couple of hours. Bernie & the crew at Barretstown are always so appreciative of our presence and as you can see, keep asking us back! It would be great to have a nice few vehicles there on the night.

I'm currently sawing the heads off a bulk box of Chinese knock-off "Children of Prague" figurines so I can put them outside to guarantee dry weather for the night. But even if that foolproof plan doesn't work, it doesn't matter. A hat and a brolly and you're sorted!!

Last edited:

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
You'd have to ask DECLAN that question as he is the boy in the know :p

has Bernie been told we've chosen Friday night?

anyone who has been to this before should try to get there again, anyone who has never been, it's well worth your time. Even if the kids there didn't benefit a jot from your presence (but they will!), you'll knock great craic out of the couple of hours. Bernie & the crew at Barretstown are always so appreciative of our presence and as you can see, keep asking us back! It would be great to have a nice few vehicles there on the night.

I'm currently sawing the heads off a bulk box of Chinese knock-off "Children of Prague" figurines so I can put them outside to guarantee dry weather for the night. But even if that foolproof plan doesn't work, it doesn't matter. A hat and a brolly and you're sorted!!

Bernie has been informed. Waiting response

wackerwacker

Club Member
Club Member
November 24, 2009
waterford
I should be able make it all going well ������������������

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Friday 30th October - 6:45pm in Ballymore Eustace or 6pm dinner in Barretstown

1. Coxy
  2. Trev
  3. Duts
  4. Mikey (maybe)
  5. Wacker (Ed)
  6. ???

C'mon folks. We've loads of members in the Kildare and surrounding areas so why not bring your VW for one final blast before winter hibernation and support the charity that your very own club supports!

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Friday 30th October - 6:45pm in Ballymore Eustace or 6pm dinner in Barretstown

This is the last one of the year so lets try and make it a good one eh?

1. Coxy
  2. Trev
  3. Duts
  4. Mikey (maybe)
  5. Wacker (Ed)
  6. Tom
  7. ????

If you're not familiar with Barretstown and the fantastic work they do, have a goo at this www.barretstown.org

Bernie is also trying to dig out some Barretstown car stickers for each VW that is there on Friday (y)

So if you're in the Kildare, Laois, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Carlow or Dublin area then pop along and you'll see why those who go love it! If, like some of us, you're from further afield, we really appreciate the time and effort taken to get there and I guarantee you this will be nothing like you've experienced before. It puts everything into perspective and you will leave energised beyond belief so you won't even notice the journey home!

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
great news. I put up a request on the type2ireland facebook page and we have a couple more volunteers and a few maybes (depending on knock-off times from work, totally understandable). We should have a good few auld wagens there, all going well :)