Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dubshed March 25th, Kingshall Belfast

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Trev you scene whore!

I was gonna pull out some blue tape for the drive up just to keep the flies off, I didn't bother coz I thought its gay as my paint ain't fresh enough to be seen with tape on! Now I've lovely dried in flies stuck all over the front of the car! More polishing for me now!

I also dropped it to the bottom of the adjustment, Ive never had it that low before, figured it would be nuts to drive like the euros so I dropping it outside the showground now! Gotta get the stance points in you know! Lol we're just not 'scene' enough for these water boys!

398301_10150607048691651_540451650_9433954_1991085589_n.jpg

Last edited:

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
Trev you scene whore!

I was gonna pull out some blue tape for the drive up just to keep the flies off, I didn't bother coz I thought its gay as my paint ain't fresh enough to be seen with tape on! Now I've lovely dried in flies stuck all over the front of the car! More polishing for me now!

I also dropped it to the bottom of the adjustment, Ive never had it that low before, figured it would be nuts to drive like the euros so I dropping it outside the showground now! Gotta get the stance points in you know! Lol we're just not 'scene' enough for these water boys!

398301_10150607048691651_540451650_9433954_1991085589_n.jpg

get it lower

low.jpg

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
When the prize giving was being read out, and the Audi awards where announced I was so disappointed for Trev, due to the amount of effort he's put in sourcing NOS parts for such a rare car? I felt it was unfair that his category was so general and he was being judged against fresher metal not long out of the showroom and still in factory paint. Hey that's car shows, what can you do.

Then I hear the decker has gone a won the 'runner up best in show', WOW, that's such an amazing result considering the standard there, absolutely amazing and well deserved, especially if you see the Mk1 that won overall, funny it's the very car Trev had mentioned to me earlier that he'd love to take home. Anyway, to top off his efforts, he also took 'best engine bay' again, the standard for that award was as good as you'll see anywhere.

No wonder the parked him right in front of the main stage for the show!

Well done again Trev.

It's a pity more aircooled cars don't attend, it's by far the best run show in the country now, very professional. It'll never match Limerick for aircooled (atmosphere etc) but it's still a show well worth attending.

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary

TSAR.jpg

:confused:

Gritz

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Tipperary
quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by Dirty1
I also dropped it to the bottom of the adjustment, Ive
never had it that low before, figured it would be nuts to drive like the
euros so I dropping it outside the showground now! Gotta get the
stance points in you know! Lol we're just not 'scene' enough for these water
boys!

Attachment 9470

:confused:
fixed that for you you Beag to avoid any confusion ;)
Graphic2.JPG

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I was shocked and thrilled in equal measure to get the award for best engine bay and even moreso to get the runner up prize for best in show. I didn't go to win prizes, moreso just to put the car out there (hopefully find a buyer ;) ), it's only the second show it's been to. The quality of cars on dislay was unreal as was the sheer quantity. You wouldn't think there was a recession in the country with the amount of high-dollar cars on show. There were cars there with more money tied up in their suspension, brakes and wheels than I have in my whole car. I think I can safely say the same for the car that won best of show, it was a home-brew restoration and a mild-custom job. I met the owner early on the Sunday morning and he's a really sound young fella. I really liked the way he turned out the car, if there was one car that I could take home from the show, that was the one for me. Nice to see a good few Southern cars take home awards from a NI show.

Anyway, here are my snaps from the weekend, just a few to give you a flavour of what was on show...

DSCF1279Medium.jpg

DSCF1269Medium.jpg

DSCF1267Medium.jpg

DSCF1266Medium.jpg

DSCF1264Medium.jpg

DSCF1262Medium.jpg

DSCF1261Medium.jpg

DSCF1255Medium.jpg

DSCF1254Medium.jpg

DSCF1246Medium.jpg

DSCF1245Medium.jpg

DSCF1240Medium.jpg