Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Dubshed 2015

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Fantastic Show, Great convoy with the regular Northern Retros NW crew...Great to meet everyone...Great display for fans of Air Cooled stuff, Eircooled, Drag Racing....and you are right Trev, Some amount of trophies lifted by Aircooled stuff at a largely watercooled event. Just goes to show the old skool stuff is getting the recognition it deserves....

Respect your elders...lol

Myself and brother Stewart are over the moon for the little split bus to lift silverware...
Congratulations to all the winners, very well deserved....

Last edited:

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Brilliant weekend, awesome seeing so many new cars out, tsar dragging his wicked drag bug up, liams spine breaking rat rod, and all the other folks who made the effort to come, i didn't get many pics, and my normal camera battery puffed out before i even got there!!!

Chuffed to bits for everyone, Matt donnely deservedly taking best in show with his ghia is an incredible achievement at a show like this, i walked around the main halls and i have to say the cars (wether they are your cup of tea or not ) were outstanding, i would not have wanted to be a judge thats for sure.

Brilliantly run show, super slick organisation , i havnt been for a few years but i was impressed at the level not just of the cars but the quality of the event, it has to be hands down as static shows go, the best in Ireland, and this is coming from an old bore!!!!

It makes it when you have good friends around, plenty of tea and a good chance to catch up after what has been a lengthy break.

Dave clarkes mk1 golf cleaned up in his category, he also had his mk2 race car there, along with the honda k20 powered corrado ( which was awesome) all the T4 lads and lasses turned up en mass, you hear plenty of chat around the internet on the build up to this show, "oh I'm not going to look at 300 stanced out modern cars that all look the same" theres some truth in that, if your walking around with a blindfold on, there literally is something there for everyone across the board, and even the modern stuff wether you like it or not doesn't fail to impress in the level of detail.

Great weekend, topped off by catching Dave polishing his car.

Ill just leave these in here ( sorry poor i phone pics )

Of a well deserved class win, i think everyone in the air-cooled scene would have been chuffed to bits to see dave take the trophy :)

11022524_10152652384831644_256629906749138853_n_zpswnizhrod.jpg

11080934_10152652384751644_6362438496218012830_n_zpsemolbidw.jpg

1017761_10152652380751644_5586137184094717288_n-1_zpsbpnnn8lv.jpg

522079_10152652385116644_449478988531851553_n_zpsaonc99em.jpg

1456040_10152652384911644_6787741418209620627_n_zpsg2ray252.jpg

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
DSC_0079.jpg

Reg is pretty close to the eco bus. Couple of hundred out I know, but how often do you see another TZW. 1st one for me.
Eco Bus reg TZW 994,

Couldn't locate the owner for a chat. It was still there when I left at 6.

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
you had the bungalow on display? Brilliant!!

The organisers asked me to put in on display when they saw it with the beetle, it got a great reception, plenty of people wanting to view it, a couple of offers to buy her as the show was ending, politely turned down of course,

Podsy and Eamon did a smashing job on her, ran beautiful

Even had a bit of improvement on the mpg, 17 mpg pulling the beetle, covering close to 900 kilometres,

Only had to fill her 3 times this time, lol

Last edited:

Pete67

Club Member
Club Member
December 15, 2012
Castlederg. NW
Favourite picture of the Dubshed was you towing the bug - awesome set up. Would love to have come across that on the motorway! Great effort, you deserved the chill time at the Loughshore after that run and all the wind threw at ya squeezing through the valleys into Newry no doubt! How was the Loughshore - good wee site and great for Bfast visiting and on the cusp of the great North Coast Road.

keithincork

Club Member
Club Member
September 12, 2009
Just Chilling
Favourite picture of the Dubshed was you towing the bug - awesome set up. Would love to have come across that on the motorway! Great effort, you deserved the chill time at the Loughshore after that run and all the wind threw at ya squeezing through the valleys into Newry no doubt! How was the Loughshore - good wee site and great for Bfast visiting and on the cusp of the great North Coast Road.
Cheers for that Pete, throughly enjoyed the trip and show,
I totally agree with you on your comments about jordonstown, the site I would give a score of 10 out of 10.
Immaculately maintained, overlooking the lough, lights of the city blazing away.
I spent a lot of hrs behind the wheel over the course of the weekend but it was worth it, hardest part as you said was dealing with the wind and rain, right from when I left cork.

It was great to meet everyone, new and old alike.
Looking forward to heading back up for the drag day.

Cheers.