Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Drag racing calender for 2014

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Less than a month to go until the next event, the Honda Haven Open Drag, me and Dave are booked to race, i believe Colin and Brian will be out if they are ready too.

Fingers massively crossed for a full dry event and we can see what 4 all new cars can really do :)

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
next outing Honda Haven Open Drag on Sunday 15th June at bishopscourt , so far there are 4 beetles booked to race , there are a few spaces coming up as some of the Honda guys have to pull out , so if you fancy a days racing any make or model give me a shout.

Spink

Club Member
Club Member
September 19, 2010
Lisburn
Me too. Didn't think I'd make it but it's looking like we are having our race a little sooner! Bring it on Mr Pancho!

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
It's a mad rush to get the engine and trans completed by this Thursday to pack inside the 71 Westy that ships Friday. If I miss the ship it will cost $350 to ship on a pallet to Southampton and then whatever it costs to get it back to Ireland. Due to the time crunch we had to scrap the spool in the trans (couldn't get one here in time) so putting in a super diff and making a poor mans posi by shimming it to less than .002 so that we can launch straight hopefully. On thd engine side my used $50.00 swap heads had been over torqued and collapsed a mounting point, had to make a shim up and then the chambers were huge something like 53cc so flycut them to 33cc and raised the compression ratio to 13.2 to 1. Still need to put it all together, oh my 1.4 ratio rockers measured out at 1.32 lift so not going to work. We robbed some other used 1.4 rockers so we'll still make some power. I head up on Thursday to see the engine fire and we'll tune the 45mm Dels as best as we can and wrap it up. On top of that Shane wants me to get a weld together Cage from Ron Lumis racing in my spare time.

Roadcow

Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Pistons in getting flycut and valve notches cut in the tops. Heads also in, have to machine off a bit of the valve guides to get the valve geometry correct. These darned race engines come with their own set of issues!

Roadcow

Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
Another update, instead of the 94mm pistons and barrels we went with thick wall 92mm and bored the case and heads for 94mm, thus it's now a little 2234cc engine. We'll be working hard to run with the 2276's out there but we just measured the valves in the swap meet heads and they are massive! Intakes are 44mm and exhaust is 40mm. Really hoping that we have enough carb because these heads should breath very well. We have 3 sets of used valve springs to choose from so the next project is to put them on the spring tester and measure them.