Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Drag racing calender for 2014

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
March 23rd - Bishopscourt - CONFIRMED
May 18th - Ballykelly - CONFIRMED (entry bookings now open see below)
June 15th - Bishopscourt - CONFIRMED (entry bookings now open see below)
July 6th - Ballykelly - CONFIRMED
Aug 24th - Bishopscourt - CONFIRMED (Exclusive to VW AIR COOLED)
Sept 21st - Bishopscourt - Provisional
Oct 25th - Bishopscourt - Provisional

Last edited:

tonyvw

Club Member
Club Member
June 2, 2009
cork city
lets hope they dont clash with other eircool meets ie limerick = monard=VAG FERMOY

Last edited:

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
this event is on our drag race calendar , the north west road races finish Saturday 17th May and this event is on the day after .
so make a weekend out of it . more details to follow.

speed dunday.JPG

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
I have just had confirmation that, free camping Saturday night will be allowed at the track.

get your race cars there Saturday morning , head over to the northwest 200 races 16 miles away. then back to the track for a few beers.

race places are starting to fill up so to reserve your space go to http://evokepromotions.com/competitors/ and pay a £10 reservation fee the rest payable on the day.

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
I have just had confirmation that, free camping Saturday night will be allowed at the track.

get your race cars there Saturday morning , head over to the northwest 200 races 16 miles away. then back to the track for a few beers.

race places are starting to fill up so to reserve your space go to http://evokepromotions.com/competitors/ and pay a £10 reservation fee the rest payable on the day.

Having a look to book there - am I right in reading that a normally aspirated car up to 2.9l goes into Class 2? Are buses and bugs under 1.6l all in Class 1?

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
Having a look to book there - am I right in reading that a normally aspirated car up to 2.9l goes into Class 2? Are buses and bugs under 1.6l all in Class 1?

yes that's right , its set like that to separate the high powered turbo jap stuff etc. doesn't really matter what class your in as you go there to better your own times , although a win is nice lol.

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
any spectators wishing to camp Saturday night at the speed sunday event message me and I will get you on a guest entry list . if your not on the list I have no way of getting you past the gate security. if you wanting to race then contact the organisers in the above posts.

lets start a list who's racing.

1/ caddy beetle2276cc
2/ 56oval beetle 2276cc
3/ pancho beetle 2276cc
4/ spink beetle 2276cc
5/ podsyb beetle 2165cc
6/ loadsabuses Baja 1915cc

N13L VV

Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2011
Glenavy NI
any spectators wishing to camp Saturday night at the speed sunday event message me and I will get you on a guest entry list . if your not on the list I have no way of getting you past the gate security. if you wanting to race then contact the organisers in the above posts.

lets start a list who's racing.

1/ caddy beetle2276cc
2/ 56oval beetle 2276cc
3/ pancho beetle 2276cc
4/ spink beetle 2276cc
5/ podsyb beetle 2165cc
6/ loadsabuses Baja 1915cc

impressive list !!

caddy

Club Member
Club Member
September 22, 2009
Armagh
bugbitz.com
been informed that speed Sunday are now having entries for run what ya brung 2 runs f £10 payable on the day .

if you fancy a go just turn up with a crash helmet .

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Not long now!!!!
Hard to think my car has been on axle stands for the last 7 months :helpme:

Just finished plumbing in the Line Loc, tonights job will be to wire it, then tomorrow i have a small list of jobs and hopefully thats me ready for action and the first drive of what feels like a new car lol.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Woohoo, line loc fitted, plumbed and wired, just got a few small jobs left and were 110% racing on sunday :)

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Well you guys that couldnt make it didnt miss much, after a 2 hour drive to Ballykelly we pulled the cars off the trailers, the organisers let us go out an test out the track, and to be fair, its a really good runway with plenty of dry grip, the site itself is a disused army barracks and it is HUGE!!!!

I popped out and grabbed some food, a couple of tins and tea and it was bed early as i was knackered from an early start. It rained heavily all night and i woke up to a miserable and wet airfield, we grabbed a cuppa and let the organisers get on with things.

The racing was scheduled to start at 11 am, but didnt get going until well after 12, on a wet track.

We both decided to put in a pass each just to get out, Dave ran a 15 @49mph after coasting from the 8th, on slicks!!!!!!
I ran a 14.1 and a 13.6, terrible 60fts 2.8 and 2.6 sec, I couldnt get the car off the line as my brain didnt engage to release the front brakes on the line loc doh!!!! So theres a ton of practice to be had there, Although for running it wasnt a good event with just 2 passes, those 2 passes gave me lots of good information, A. the car felt amazing stable at speed having done some suspension work whilst it was all in bits and it paid off i think, the car was arrow straight and felt great. B. the new gearbox was worth it, every gear is just on cam all the time, which is great as it less stress on the motor. C. comparing my times and 60fts to dry running suggests the car should be easily capable of going 12.2's on treads, if not slightly quicker.
So overall a bit of a washout, particularly in the morning, we could have stayed on but they didnt get going again until 3pm and by this time we loaded up and decided to head home.
On the plus side, i could see the being an awesome event for the calendar, i hope they put it on again next year.