Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Drag day pictures for ultra vw please.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Right folks, deadline is looming for this one and i need pictures for the article, i know i know, last minute and all that, but hey thats how we roll. so...

Im after a good bunch of pictures from the day, i know stump took a load of brilliant ones and johnnyghia, if you are willing to share this would be great, i cant get you paid for these pictures but i can get your names mentioned as the photographers in the magazine.

I would like shots the show the event in all its glory, no shots of me in person, or dave in person, cars is fine, i want the picture to reflect your day not mine or daves.

If you can start posting pics up here that would be great, we have till the 5th of Jan to get them finalised, its going to be a cool issue as it will feature The Aircooled Drag Day and the Uk Cal Look Drag Day, who do you think had the biggest attendence for cars on the track ;-)

So do us proud and start suggesting some good quality pics please!!!!!

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Will have a look through mine Ben, it's probably best to get the images emailed to you? to give the full resolution.

CulmoreDubClub

Club Member
Club Member
June 9, 2011
Derry / Donegal
Someone from Shift Junkies took a couple of nice ones of the little fastback...I shall look and see if I can find a copy...I thought it was a cracking picture....she was static though in the pits......not like the one where the knightly brothers wipped my ass on the drag strip..with the baja...lol...

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
Someone from Shift Junkies took a couple of nice ones of the little fastback...I shall look and see if I can find a copy...I thought it was a cracking picture....she was static though in the pits......not like the one where the knightly brothers wipped my ass on the drag strip..with the baja...lol...

AHH lad thats a classic picture LOL

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
Guys i need a contact for "Johnny Ghia" unless i get his permission i cant use a couple of great shots he took, the feature is being finished as we speak.
if anyone knows him send him my way or can you ask on my behalf.

cheers
Ben.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
There you go girls, just to redress the balance.

ULTRACVR_zps1c726def.jpg

If you bothered your arses and went out and bought it and read the content you will soon realise the South gets far more coverage than the north.

56oval

Club Member
Club Member
September 10, 2007
n.i
no shit lol!!!!

it does say "Irish Drag Day" on the cover, thats not my words or editorial, i have tried my damned best to keep both sides happy with what i have written in the magazine, i put my heart into it, i am sitting here somewhat bemused as to why i have 2 "Dislikes" on this. If someone else thinks they can do a better job then feel free to crack the fuck on.

colin

Club Member
Club Member
January 10, 2008
Monaghan
no shit lol!!!!

it does say "Irish Drag Day" on the cover, thats not my words or editorial, i have tried my damned best to keep both sides happy with what i have written in the magazine, i put my heart into it, i am sitting here somewhat bemused as to why i have 2 "Dislikes" on this. If someone else thinks they can do a better job then feel free to crack the fuck on.

Haters-Gonna-Hate.jgp_.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on the article. Brilliant job on the whole thing Ben! Only problem is, you've set the bar pretty high for next year dude.

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
no shit lol!!!!

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm just winding you up.

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
A message from the mainland...:eek:

View attachment 17219
you bought the magazine and read the article and this is all you took from it :wallbash:

as far as i am aware eircooled is not about being North or south its about VOLKSWAGENS the cars and vans that we own and drive its not about point scoring for this side or that .
Ben and Dave put there heart and soul into organising this event and making it the success that it was.
do we really need this petty small mindedness creeping in to try and take the shine off of what was without doubt
the best volkswagen event that this country as a whole has ever seen

58Panel-Youny

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2009
wicklow
you bought the magazine and read the article and this is all you took from it :wallbash:

as far as i am aware eircooled is not about being North or south its about VOLKSWAGENS the cars and vans that we own and drive its not about point scoring for this side or that .
Ben and Dave put there heart and soul into organising this event and making it the success that it was.
do we really need this petty small mindedness creeping in to try and take the shine off of what was without doubt
the best volkswagen event that this country as a whole has ever seen

Well said,.. and well done Ben. You've done a fuck load more than most of us for this club...
im going looking for a copy of this after work today.. If I don't find one I'll download the online mag