Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Car] dead beetle

Alan B.

June 22, 2011
offaly
Just a feeler at the min to see what's out there but I'm looking for a bug cheap.
Preferably a 1600 to make future plans easier but not a must have if its going for buttons.

Realistically I want something that's all there as far as the engine, box, hubs, front beam are concerned and everything else shit to pieces.

Don't need a body, or an interior or even a floorpan as long as its there enough that I'm not bringing home a box of bits.

I missed out on two freebies by a matter of hours so I'm not looking to spend a fortune.
Somebody must have something fit for spares that I can breath new life into.

BLZEEDUB

March 1, 2007
tipperary
Alan, I have a 1200 earley 70's LHD pan; complete (no engine); less the front beam (im using that) - no 'book for it' at the moment; but that can be got, i was told...

Its in reasonable knick. A chap wanted it to make a trike out of it; and a deal was made incl deliverey, but hes not answering his phone/voicemail messages now...

I might be able to throw in some front drum hubs; torsion arms, steering box etc and maybe some good/almost new clutch bits...

Pm me if thats any good to you...

Last edited:

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
Alan if your building what I think you are you might need an IRS gearbox and a king and link front beam, neither of these you'll get from the same donor car, you'll need a 1303 for the rear end setup and possibly just but the front sus new! What's the specs on the one your copying! If your not doing an exact copy and it's for road use the a stock normal bug will do as a doner!

Alan B.

June 22, 2011
offaly
it is for what you are thinking, and at the min, i dont know for sure the direction it'll take, thats why i'm just looking to see how cheap parts could be got.
late model box with early model front beam, thats what i should be looking for?
it wont be an exact copy of either version but i will want it to look similir. possibly a hybrid between the US and british versions.
it wont be a strictly road going vehicle by any means but it will have to drive accross the uk once a year at the very least.thats why ill be looking for something thats gonna have paperwork and a chassis number.
i'm trying to aquire some detailed plans but its not easy getting the info released.
i'm waiting to hear from somebody who is serving at the minute so i need to wait for him to get back to me.
the chassis will run me about 2k if i step back and just have it built for me but i want to consider building it myself aswell.

it's very early days yet. as we have a show to run and a dodge weapons carrier to rebuild first.

Last edited: