Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

convoy to hessisch from belgium mid june

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
Thanks for the comments . i will keep adding pics as long as people are still interested .
yeah Rez it was good to see that your eircooled card was still there .pete signed his and my name to the card to .

andrew

Club Member
Club Member
April 11, 2013
kildare
Wow! They are fantastic pictures John. Love them all if only my type 3 looked as well and i don't know what i want more a split bus or or the sp2 or what was parked next to it ??? why can i win the Lotto and get them all :lol:

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
Wow! They are fantastic pictures John. Love them all if only my type 3 looked as well and i don't know what i want more a split bus or or the sp2 or what was parked next to it ??? why can i win the Lotto and get them all :lol:

i completly understand your predicament...

i need a razor
edge,:looool:

andrew

Club Member
Club Member
April 11, 2013
kildare
what's a razor ????? :helpme:
what is this ??
attachment.php

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
Puma kit car. From memory, built by or for VW Brazil as a VW sactioned kit car. Look it up on wikipedia, you'll get the whole story...

Rocky

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2008
North Wexford
what's a razor ????? :helpme:
what is this ??
attachment.php

The car in the picture is Puma GTE/S, they were built in Brazil in the '70s and were based on vw chassis.

A razor or razor edge is a VW Karmann Ghia Type34 as Kvinlys post above. The one above is an early prototype but apart from the detail on the rear quarter the production model is very similar.

andrew

Club Member
Club Member
April 11, 2013
kildare
Hi ,
Thanks of all the updates Puma GTE/S now I know ,
I was talking about a razor not the car razor edge as i have one already 1.64 scale but maybe Wayne McCarthy will sell his some day
[h=1]Volkswagen Karmann Ghia 'Razor Edge' - 11k miles from new For Sale (1967)[/h]

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
2188.JPG

well that was out visit to Wolfsburg and the Volkswagen museums .we had planned to head to Hamburg but spent longer in the museums than we thought we would . so we decided to stay in Wolfsburg for another night someone had told Pete that there was free camping at Schloss castle at the back of a riding stables.so off we went found the castle and sure enough there were a few VWs parked up . we pulled up in the pick up and just sat in the cab. by this time it had started to rain and neither of us were in any hurry to get out and put up the tent .we sat there watching people horse riding in the rain when a white T25 pulled in and a German couple got out and came over to the pick up they asked if we were camping we said we would be as soon as we put up the tent . they said that it was far to cold and wet to be camping in a tent and we would be more than welcome to stay with them at there house .so not wanting to be rude we agreed .we followed them to there house . where we were made very welcome .they showed us there cars and told us about the up and coming 75 anniversary of Wolfsburg celebrations which they were helping to organize .we chatted for a while then headed off for a nice warm dry sleep . morning came and they had breakfast ready for us we told them that we had planned to head to Hamburg to go to the Prototyp museum and miniature wonderland .they asked if we would be back for the wolfsburg celebrations .we said we would try to get back if we could .they gave us some poster's and sticker's to advertise the event on our travels . as we were getting ready to leave pete asked where the nearest petrol station was he got directions then they came out with a jerry can of petrol and put it into the tank ..and they wouldn't take any money for it. we thanked them for there Hospitality and generosity and then we left and headed to Hamburg and the prototyp museum.