Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Car Storage in Naas

Car Storage in Naas

• The location suits me and I'd be tempted

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • The location suits me but I'm not interested

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The location doesn't suit me but sounds good

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Too expensive compared to what I have seen

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Too cheap compared to what I have seen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Being one of the types who is greedy and not risk averse I have gone and signed up for a bigger warehouse in the same unit. I will be doing a website for this car storage facility over the coming weeks and launching it asap with all the features listed above and one or two more. If anyone wants to book a place early (no deposit required) please let me know. Image below is to scale.

I don't want to say exactly where it is but it is within spitting distance of Toughers roundabout in one of the commercial units - http://maps.google.com/?ll=53.208243,-6.742601&spn=0.010988,0.033023&t=m&z=16

Attachments

• Warehouse.jpg
    Warehouse.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 67

Aidan

Club Member
Club Member
July 10, 2009
Kildare
Good luck with the venture - the website looks good. Only problem is that I'm now looking through ads for a nice oval....

EvilMonkley

Club Member
Club Member
June 19, 2010
Geneva
Internal Internet CCTV (Monitor Your Car 24/7).
Does this mean if you wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night worrying about your classic. You can log on a see it all tucked up securely ?
Or are the lights off?

oldspeedvws

Club Member
Club Member
January 22, 2007
Carrigaline, Co Cork
www.oldspeedvws.com
Think it's a great idea but keep in mind that for many people parking a car THAT close to a wall is not easy. Using dollies will also not work as you cannot get the dollies out from underneath the wheels at the wall side after pushing the car THAT close to the wall.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Does this mean if you wake up in a cold sweat in the middle of the night worrying about your classic. You can log on a see it all tucked up securely ?
Or are the lights off?

Yes it does mean that and the camera have IR so at night you see a black and white shot of a lad with green eyes stealing your car!

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Think it's a great idea but keep in mind that for many people parking a car THAT close to a wall is not easy. Using dollies will also not work as you cannot get the dollies out from underneath the wheels at the wall side after pushing the car THAT close to the wall.

We won't be measuring how close they are to the wall :)

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Just to let everyone know we have moved into an even bigger warehouse than the last one pictured. It took a while to get the last lad out so we are only settling in this week. We are getting it ready for cars over the next week or so. We have decided to keep it simple and there is only one rate (for one car) of €1000 per annum, but since it is only open, holds about 40 cars, and we need cash we are happy to do Eircooled members a rate of €75 per month with no minimum term. Try it for a month if you like.

We also have 8 offices (fully serviced with leccy, heat, broadband, etc) as part of the premises adjoining the warehouse which we are hoping to get €100 per month for if anyone is interested. They are top Celtic Tiger spec offices that us tinkers can now get for a pittance!!! :) They even have aircon!!

The website is live too - http://www.kildareclassiccarstorage.com/

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Sorry random question but does climate controlled keep out the moisture? Is there some sort of dehumidifier system?

Correct - the humidity is monitored to keep it at about 50% which is wet enough that wood/rubber/leather does not crack but dry enough that rust does not form. What is more impressive is that in a properly dehumidfied warehouse the air is slightly drier than it normally would be for the temperature it is at. That means if you drive your car wet into the warehouse the air will absorb the water really really fast so your car is only wet for a very brief period. The big advantage in Ireland is no mould on the steering wheel etc as mould needs moisture. I don't think a car would rust in a warehouse in Ireland but it would go mouldy if you spilled water on the seat or something and it could not dry out.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
ah your in my old skate spot haha cool
are you employing anyone ?

Not yet :)

We have three Eircooled members signed up now with the first car arriving today!! My dream would be to fill it with Eircooled cars and turf out the campervans (big ones I mean) and caravans!

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Parked the beetle up on Naas today, really impressed with it and the security is top notch.

A possible AGM venue just no bar.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Thanks Mikey! Lovely car and it will be well looked after (it's just outside in the pub carpark as we speak!!!). Ah no seriously - it will be.

Dunno about an AGM but would love a winter meeting there