Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] bumpers, fresh air box and pipes.

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
Well lads, i have a friend looking for europa bumpers with indicator slots in as good as condition as he can get. Also looking for the fresh air box and pipes under the bonnet, if anybody has a diagram on where these go too it would be a great help. All for a 77 beetle in case that matters.

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
I've a fresh air box,
Do you want it posted?

b9ed5913146cb507751a861a13867378.jpg

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
have a fresh air box and some other associated shite in the loft. Will check for you tomorrow.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Well lads, i have a friend looking for europa bumpers with indicator slots in as good as condition as he can get. Also looking for the fresh air box and pipes under the bonnet, if anybody has a diagram on where these go too it would be a great help. All for a 77 beetle in case that matters.

LIAR!!!!!

You don't have any friends

stump

Club Member
Club Member
April 25, 2011
dundalk ireland
anyone know where this should be?
1 black, 1 brown and 1 brown and white....

cable.jpgcable2.jpg
ok heres the fresh air box.
pipes 1, 2 and 3 are connected to the riser pipe coming from the heater channel.
no.1 feeds hot air to the lower corner of the windscreen.
no.2 feeds hot air to the centre vent, over your radio.
no.3 goes into the T-piece and connects to pipe no.4.
no.4 takes in fresh air from the fresh air box (no.5) when you open it using the 2 knobs on the dash.
No.4 is hidden behind the insulation in the picture
airbox1.jpgairbox2.jpg
I think the idea is to draw in fresh air from outside, and mix it with the hot air coming from the heater channel. The motor isn't working on mine so i can't tell you if it works properly!!

hope this helps....

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
it does indeed cheers Stump! Have you a pipe coming from the bottom of the box towards the tank. Its not the plug off the motor is it?