Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Bug_ing me

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Ok this is a wanted/rant ad by me.Having looked through many beetle ads i have a question.Why is it that you can more than likely get a beetle in good running order but obviously needing body work for between £500-£700 in the uk and you woudnt even get a rolling shell for that here :confused:.Here is what i want.Something i can drive while im am returning it to its former glory..Sound easy?not so far.So if anyone has something that fits the bill or knows of something that might interest me please send me a message.
Thanks for reading folks
Ian

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
Mine's provisionally sold. Holding it for a mate until he finishes his other beetles.

natian08

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2009
Cork
Give me a shout there Rez if there is any change on that please.....honestly i think your mate is greedy wanting so many(joke),i have none and think he should share the love :)..
thanks anyway,
Ian

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
He's already given me a few quid to hold it for him but it would've (almost) been perfect. Engine, mechanics and electrics were perfect. Just the body was shagged. They're out there Ian. Keep looking on done deal. I've never seen so many vintage cars for sale like they are now. They're the first thing to go once people get strapped for cash. I'd give you 4 weeks and I'd bet you'll have one.

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
500-700 quid cars in UK are generally shite! Im not saying cars hear are worth more, they are over priced yes but I dont think you could really drive a 500quid bug and repair it as you go! My 62 was pretty rotten and I kept driving it but in the end the only way to do certain jobs its to take it off the road!

I'd say a car like MACs blue and cream one looks like the sort of car you could drive and repair at the same time!