Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Brekkie Roll - Limerick

knk

Club Member
Club Member
October 12, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
DUBLIN CONVOY

Meeting Place:
Applegreen Service Station,
Rathcoole, Nass Road, N7

From Newlands Cross its the SECOND petrol station, a couple of hundred metres after the 'Pointin Stil'.

Time:
Departing at exactly 7:50am....don't be late! :)

Dublin Convoy List:
1) KnK
2)

Joining on Route
1) duts (from portlaoise)
2) PJ (from Borris in Ossory)

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Was hoping to make this Saturday but work, family commitments don't allow.

Have a great one, hope it's back next month at 9.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
one salty trip won't kill it and if you're still worried just give the underside a wash off when you get home...

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
Heres the weather outlook for Friday/Saturday from met.ie. Not as cold as recent nights... Id nearly be more worried about the rain...

General : Less cold over the weekend, with some rain at times, but still some slight frosts also.
Friday night : Some rain in the evening, but drying out for a time early in the night, with clear spells. Lows of -1 to plus 3 C., are expected , with some frost and ice in places. But more cloudy, misty weather, with rain, is expected to move in from the Atlantic later on.

Saturday : A cloudy breezy day, with rain and drizzle in all areas for a time, some of it persistent and heavy. Highs of 5 to 9 C., in fresh southerly winds.

Last edited:

Greatballsoffire57

Club Member
Club Member
February 2, 2008
Laois
Do I just pull in to the side at the ramp onto the M7 at Borris in Ossory and merge with the convoy when I see them passing?

Edit: Is there only 3 cars in the Dublin convoy or will there be more?

Last edited:

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
ya can Pj if ya want to be arrested?? Think they frown on that sorta thing! we'll call ya as we're passin just join then

JustinOval

Super Super Super
Admin
November 9, 2006
Do I just pull in to the side at the ramp onto the M7 at Borris in Ossory and merge with the convoy when I see them passing?

If you begin driving in holding pattern on the junction 21 roundabout at about 8:25 you should be able to merge with the rest of the convoy when they pass under at 8:30.

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
I didn't think they salted the roads anymore, and besides, the weather forecast is not showing any frost for Friday night.

they were at it in cavan yesterday eve anyway,
and can u really trust thier weather forecasts ?
drive on...

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie

Theres more than 3. Isn't Liam (rascal1) coming too? I'm sure there'll be more that'll join in.

These are his times:
Heading down to this on Saturday. Will be leaving the Applegreen Petrol Station on Naas road(second station from Newlands cross) at 7.15..
That is if anyone else is heading from Dublin or it's surronds and want to travel together.

Times are approximate but it will give some idea.They are roughly based on 80kph.
Monasterevin.........Junction 14.................7.50
Portlaoise..............Junction 17................. 8.15
Borris in Ossary.....Junction 21................. 8.30
Roscrea.................Junction 22..................8.45
Nenagh.................Junction 26..................9.00

That should get us there for 9.30 to 9.45. or allow for a slight Hiccup on the way.

kombi.noise

Club Member
Club Member
October 20, 2010
galway
u b diggin deep then...
i jus got the motor back in the bug...
no more oil leaks(i hope)
i bring your decklid
eh...dont b late