Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Beetle Rear Split Roof Section

vwboy

Club Member
Club Member
I,m looking for a Beetle Rear Split Roof Section ,
Has anyone got one or know where I could get one.
Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 23.jpg
    Picture 23.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 62

riggsi

Club Member
Club Member
June 12, 2008
Meath
Trev are you allowed to drive with roof sections hanging out of the boot on L plates ?
How the fook did you make it home with out getting pulled.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
there is a minor sub-section to a local by-law in appendix G of the Irish Statute Book that says that if they day has a "Y" in it, then yes, persons driving semi-antique Japanese family saloons with their wife's "L" plate in the window are legally entitled to carry oversize sections of rusty scrap hanging precariously from the rear luggage compartment of aforementioned semi-antique Japanese family saloon.

Those were the days before the Passat. If I had have tried the same stunt in that they would have thrown the book at me. It's only a semi-antique German family station wagon. Close one...

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
there is a minor sub-section to a local by-law in appendix G of the Irish Statute Book that says that if they day has a "Y" in it, then yes, persons driving semi-antique Japanese family saloons with their wife's "L" plate in the window are legally entitled to carry oversize sections of rusty scrap hanging precariously from the rear luggage compartment of aforementioned semi-antique Japanese family saloon.

Those were the days before the Passat. If I had have tried the same stunt in that they would have thrown the book at me. It's only a semi-antique German family station wagon. Close one...

Good to know i'd be covered under that law so with the civic!

loadsabuses

Club Member
Club Member
May 8, 2009
kerry
No I'm looking for steel ...any luck
Thanks buggyboyshane but I want a split
Thanks again

coluld you not modifiy the oval section and turn it into a split . i know the oval window is bigger than a split but it would still look the part and be alot cheaper than buying a split rear roof section . just an idea .

oldspeedvws

Club Member
Club Member
January 22, 2007
Carrigaline, Co Cork
www.oldspeedvws.com
coluld you not modifiy the oval section and turn it into a split . i know the oval window is bigger than a split but it would still look the part and be alot cheaper than buying a split rear roof section . just an idea .

Assuming you can find an oval clip you could use a weld in section as loadsabuses suggests: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=216065

Read the ad carefully as the glass might need to be cut from the oval window one...

2395065.jpg