Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Barretstown 2019 Dates

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I got the below email from Barretstown yesterday with the summer dates that are available for Eircooled. All the dates are quite well spaced out which is good so if the same people are doing all the dates there's a good break between them.
The only issue I can see is the August 15th Party Night is on a Thursday which probably won't suit most people. Before I go back to Barretstown to advise on the dates are there any issues people can see with the dates? Please reply and let me know and once we have agreed dates I will post up an individual thread for each date.

Hi Cathal,

I hope you are well!

We have the following dates available for our party nights this summer which we would love to invite you guys down for. You can select however many of the following that you wish to come for – it will be wonderful to have you guys back at camp again!

• Summer Session 2: Saturday 29[SUP]th[/SUP] June
  • Summer Session 3: Friday 12[SUP]th[/SUP] July
  • Summer Session 5: Saturday 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Aug
  • Summer Session 6: Thursday 15[SUP]th[/SUP] Aug

Thank you,

Shoni

Reactions: andrew

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
I'm going to go back to Barretstown about the dates above. I think the Thursday is a non runner because with people working it has to be a Friday or a Saturday doesn't it? We'll put our names down for Sessions 2, 3 & 5

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Speaking of Barretstown, I bought this in the shops today.
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
That's great Andy. Thanks (y)

Anyone else have any input or are you all happy for me to go ahead with this? Andy's not alone in preferring Saturdays. Maybe we can ask for more Saturday events as we're all so spread out around the country.

Reactions: AndyB

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Friday 12th July & Saturday 3rd of August are out for me.

I'll do my best to be there, all going well.

Reactions: Coxy

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
The first of our Barretstown events is coming up at the end of the month, Saturday June 29th.

Barretstown have said they hope to kick off at 7pm so have asked that we be on site by 6:30pm. If we aim to leave Ballymore Eustace by 6:20pm all should be fine.

Due to increased health and safety Barretstown have asked me to make you aware of their rules. One of the rules states every person must be wearing a safety belt but I rang Barretstown just now to explain that many of these old VWs do not have belts so that's fine, we can ignore that one. The below may look like a lot but for anyone that has been there before they are just normal rules.
Safety Guidelines:

At Barretstown we have a duty to adhere to safety guidelines and best practice to ensure all children who come to camp are supervised and safe at all times.

The following guidelines give an overview of our policies and procedures for any car group who are interested in supporting Barretstown by donating their time and services.

• Visitors on site: to adhere to our child protection policy all visitors on site must be accompanied by a staff member for the duration of their visit to camp. Drivers of cars/ visitors will always be with a staff member in the car, and we ask that drivers inform staff if they need to go anywhere else aside from designated routes/ areas on camp grounds.
  • 2 adult policy. At Barretstown all public providers of activities must adhere to our two adult policy. This means at least two adults, when in the company of children, must be with a child or group of children, at all times. This policy is strictly enforced on camp and ensures the safety of both the child and the adult. If taking campers on a drive through camp, 2 adults must be present in the car at all times; one adult can be the driver of the car, and one a Barretstown staff member.
  • All cars need to be able to accommodate an adult passenger along with one or more child passengers. Children and adult passengers must have one seat each. For example, for safety reasons we cannot have two passengers trying to share one front seat.
  • All cars are to remain in camp grounds and follow the designated route. The route will be advised when the group arrives at camp.
  • All staff and campers are required to wear seatbelts during the drive.
  • The onsite speed limit of 20km/hr must be adhered to at all times.
  • Smoking. Barretstown is a no smoking site. Smoking is only permitted at the designated smoking area. (smoking shed beside the car park.)
  • Language, conversation and songs must be kept ‘camp appropriate’ for the duration of your time at camp. This means keeping conversations child friendly. This means no foul language and avoiding inappropriate conversations with campers. For example: conversations involving alcohol, violence, topics of a sexual nature, and asking direct questions to a child about their illness.
  • Clothing must be kept appropriate. i.e. no slogan t-shirts or pictures of anything that would be regarded unsuitable for wearing around children.
  • Photography at camp. Due to respecting the child’s right to privacy and adhering to child protection policy; staff, volunteers, or any guests on site are not permitted to use their own personal camera to take photographs of children. Personal cameras can be used to take photographs of the grounds, but no children should be present in the area where photographs are being taken. This policy is strictly enforced on camp and staff will approach anyone they notice who may be taking photographs of children with personal cameras.
  • Barretstown does not take responsibility for any damage to personal property brought on site by public providers.
  • Guests with drivers; due to all guests having to be accompanied by staff at all times it would be a huge help if a group could inform Barretstown of the number of guests they will be bringing on site. If additional guests are accompanying the group on site (spouse, children etc.), we ask that these guests are also made aware of the guidelines included in this document; particularly in relation to photography and being accompanied on site by a staff member.

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Also, to save time you could print this off and have it signed and ready to go. It may seem like a lot of fuss but many of these children have a reduced immune system so Barretstown need to make sure the children are not exposed to anything that may put them at risk. If you don't have access to a printer that's ok because we can fill out that form at reception anyway.

MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE (VISITOR / DAY VOLUNTEER)

Barretstown is a camp for children with serious illnesses. All campers, volunteers, and staff have to fulfil strict vaccination requirements because many campers are immune-compromised and cannot fight infections.

Before you visit camp and the children, please take your time to fill in this questionnaire. If you tick ‘yes’ to any questions we must ask you to reschedule your camp visit to ensure the health of our campers, or we may restrict your visit to areas where the campers will not be in attendance.
  1. Do you currently have any of the symptoms listed below, or have you had them in the past 2 weeks? ☐YES ☐NO

• Fever>37C
  • Cold symptoms
  • Chills
  • Cough
  • Rash
  • Sore Throat
  • Vomiting or Diarrhoea
  1. Have you been in contact with anyone in the past 2 weeks who has the symptoms or listed above? ☐YES ☐NO
  1. Do you currently have or any of the illnesses listed below or have you had them in the past 3 weeks? ☐YES ☐NO

• Measles
  • Shingles
  • Mumps
  • Rubella (German Measles)
  • Chicken Pox
  • Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
  • Influenza (flu)
  • Scabies
  • Conjunctivitis
  1. Have you been in contact with anyone in the past 3 weeks who had the illnesses listed above?
  2. YES ☐NO

If you answered YES to any of the above questions we ask that you reschedule your visit.

My signature below certifies that the information above is correct and that if I develop any of the symptoms listed above or I am diagnosed with any of the illnesses listed about (up to 3 weeks after my visit to camp) I will notify Camp immediately.

__________________________________ _____________________________ _______________
Signature Printed Name Date

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
Saturday 29th June 7pm Barretstown

There are 120 children
Speaking 4 different languages
And lots of VWs to bring them to their disco!

Add your name to support Eircooled's charity for 2019 and also to have fun. Look at all of the old threads, everyone who goes loves it!

1. Coxy (Beetle convertible)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
2. Trev (bay window camper)

andrew

Club Member
Club Member
April 11, 2013
kildare
3. Andrew (fastback)

AndyB

*****istrator
Admin
February 8, 2017
Kildare
3. Andrew (fastback)
4.Andy BT(bay)

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
We’d love to see your New Beetle there. I think it would look really cool with the aircooled VWs. We often have watercooled VWs come along and I think we might have a Golf cabrio there on Saturday so to answer your question, yes please, you’re more than welcome and we’d appreciate you bringing your New Beetle along to lend a hand (y)
Cheers. Cathal

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
3. Andrew (fastback)
4. Andy BT(bay)
5. Golfgossun (New Beetle Turbo)
6. Declan Burke (Beach Buggy)
7. Duts (1303 Beetle)

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
We have a couple of provisional volunteers too:

Steven with his mk1 golf cabrio and Aoife with her beetle.

hopefully it works out for them and they can make it.