Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

Barn Bugs and Wags 2013. October 26th and 27th.

jonwhite

Club Member
Club Member
July 13, 2009
castledermot
Sorry we are so late this year in putting something up. Making preparations for the 4th Annual Barn, Bugs, and Wags. It will be on October 26th and 27th at VW Spares in Castledermot. This is a bank holiday weekend so you will have Monday to recover!

Once again, the event will kick-off on Saturday (arrive after 4pm) and will finish up with prize giving around 4 pm Sunday. We'll be holding the event again this year in the indoor riding area next to VW Spares so you're welcome to 'camp' in your van or a tent overnight indoors. Their will be an abundance of Tea and Coffee provided, a BBQ on Saturday night with burgers and sausages, and if you want to bring any food for yourself to cook on the BBQ please do. We'll also have some food on the Sunday but we're still negotiating on this. Might be a Pig on a spit or a BBQ. As it's Halloween weekend, we'll be expecting some rare characters to turn up and we'll be hoping to see some impressive pumpkin lanterns.

This year we'll have trophies for Best Early Beetle/Ghia (pre 1967), Best Beetle/Ghia (post 1967), Best Bus, and People's Choice Award. We're also adding a new category for Water-cooled this year due to the popular rise of the T25 and T4. If Eircooled could produce one of their trophies that would be great (i.e. if Brian has any Pistons left over). Going to have some prizes this year, nothing fancy a few hoodies and vouchers and anything I can scrounge..

(There will be a special prize this year of a VW Spares hoodie for the best Silver Mexican beetle registered as a 70'S......)

Would Eircooled like to bring a Store down to sell merchandise or membership applications?
If anyone wants to bring down some bits to sell please do.

Need some entertainment, I don't think Brian is in the music business anymore so if anyone has a DJ set up and would like to offer their services for Saturday night for a few hours that would be great. It's basically to keep a few drunken people on a dance floor. Will provide a heater just in case its a little nippy.

Unfortunately we wont have a drag strip available, however we did think about burn outs in the sand and the biggest hole created wins...

If you would like any parts ordering to collect at the show please phone me on 0866038449 or e-mail me at sales@vwspares.ie.

Once again any suggestions are gratefully received.

Many thanks
Jon

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Would Eircooled like to bring a Store down to sell merchandise?

I can't commit to this show yet but will hopefully make this it Jon, if I'm there merchandise will be available and if not I'm sure someone will bring them on.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'll make two new "Spanner" awards: one "Silver Spanner" for the best project of 2013 and one "Busted Spanner" for the biggest mechanical fuck up of 2013. Hopefully someone else can make the Eircooled award.

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
I'll make two new "Spanner" awards: one "Silver Spanner" for the best project of 2013 and one "Busted Spanner" for the biggest mechanical fuck up of 2013. Hopefully someone else can make the Eircooled award.

this years "Spanner" awards have been finalised and are ready for two lucky (well, one lucky, one unlucky!) recipients come Sunday.

If anyone wants to look back over the Workshop and Arena areas of the forum and suggest suitable candidates for the best DIY project (doesn't have to be finished, incidentally, it can be on-going) and the biggest screw-up of the year, please PM your suggestions to me.

Just so you know, the "Silver Spanner" isn't an award for someone who paid a pro to do the work for them (nothing wrong with that: if you have the means, I highly recommend it), it's for the "have a go hero" who rolls up his sleeves, goes out to the freezing cold shed at night, puts in his own graft, learns as he goes along, improvises where necessary etc.

The "Busted Spanner" is open to anyone who not only made a bit of a boo-boo while maintaining their old veedub but were brave enough to tell the rest of us about it. I've been that soldier myself on more than one occasion (don't mention the plug leads incident(s) ) but sadly, I'm exempt from receiving my own award. Like the folks in the radio station can't win the cash prizes. Same thing... :ROFLMAO:

so, suggestions by PM please :)

duts

Club Member
Club Member
January 31, 2010
Laois
I think Liam (69) is taking the caravelle down i'm sure he wouldn't mind letting ya ride shotgun. Is Aoife not going be plenty of room for her too!!

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
If anyone from Cork is going up, Id apreciate it if they could pick up some floor paint that Trev has for me (if Trev is going to BB&W) Thanks.