Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[For Sale: Car] Bargains on DoneDeal

Mariner

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2020
Arklow
That looks like a good project, 65 maybe though not a 67
I thought that the thumb buttons for the horn were a ‘64 only issue.
The car has no documents either Irish or German and not sure if it was registered in Ireland.
So how does anyone go about getting a log book?
I doubt that if it was registered here that the reg could be traced off the chassis number.
It may end up as a parts car.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
The car has no documents either Irish or German and not sure if it was registered in Ireland.
I doubt that if it was registered here that the reg could be traced off the chassis number.
Its doubtful that any records remain about the car, as its been so long off the system. My own variant has no remaining records and its a 67 .

Reactions: Mariner

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
My '65 has the same horn push. They changed for the '66 model year to the half moon ring and the wheel was also changed to black.
I've no idea what to do in relation to the reg. I've never had to register anything without paperwork before.

jim1500

June 1, 2007
I know up here in such a case you can provide evidence of the year of the car from a club etc using chassis number and it gets inspected.

Reactions: Mariner and Coxy

chewy356

Club Member
Club Member
April 4, 2012
Meath (Ashbourne direction)
My '65 has the same horn push. They changed for the '66 model year to the half moon ring and the wheel was also changed to black.
I've no idea what to do in relation to the reg. I've never had to register anything without paperwork before.
I recall my father telling me that there was a fire in Dublin Castle at some point and all records were burnt for a significant part of our automotive history, so unless it is on a brown book or there is some othere evidence of the reg and the car (old photos, insurance docs etc)...... I will check with the father about the detail of the fire.

Tim

Club Member
Club Member
March 11, 2007
Midlands
www.boards.ie
I recall my father telling me that there was a fire in Dublin Castle at some point and all records were burnt for a significant part of our automotive history, so unless it is on a brown book or there is some othere evidence of the reg and the car (old photos, insurance docs etc)...... I will check with the father about the detail of the fire.
I am in a similar position. But I have the logbook, bill of sale and the previous owners details. They cant find the vehicle on the system, and even with all the details I have they wont add the car to the system, unless the appropriate forms are filled out, in full, notarised by a notary public, witnessed by a guard and stamped, and all sent back to shannon. This information was given to me by direct contact with the transport department in shannon.
Non of which I have done yet, as I am too busy cutting out rust, which is so prevalent, by the time I'm finished there will be no car left to register :ROFLMAO: