Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

BACK ON :: November 29th 2008 :: Big Balls Winter Campout

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
If anyone else wants to oorganise this they are welcome but I am skipping it. There were only three people at it last year and last year was busy aroiund here compared to this year so good luck to it!!

Cancelled

Ger

Club Member
Club Member
December 8, 2006
Ennis
Is this one really dead. Do I have to wait till March to show off Tom's handy work.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
I'll go if you swear on your grannies grave to go - I'm not going to end up on my own in the middle of Connemara :) Tom will probably go as well. Everyone else is a wuss.

Ger

Club Member
Club Member
December 8, 2006
Ennis
I have to buy about six more sleeping bags but I'll go.

Now regarding the venue, with the liklehood of dry warm weather as low as it is at the end of Nov I wouldn't mind proposing a venue less isolated and closer to a public house. Music, roaring fire...maybe a hot toddy or two to prepare for the lack of creature comforts in a tent or camper.

Doolin and Kinvara spring to mind but I'm sure there are venue's more central to anyone interested in going.

Brian Raftery

Administrator
Admin
October 25, 2006
Kiltimagh Co. Mayo
There's a small camp site around the coner from Husdson bay hotel in Athlone, and its right on the lake with a pub 5 min walk away. I stayed there a few years ago, its not bad.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Yeah I know it - it is grand - 15 mins from my house too so if it is a disaster I can go home and ye can stay there. Eh I mean we can all go to mine.

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
Hudson bay is nice - campsite is closed during winter though

mainphoto1.jpg

richiemack

February 2, 2007
Galway
thegreenplanetblog.com
where-ever we go will have a 2 meter barrier to get under

not true I spend alot of time down in Clare, and Ive the biggst van out of all of ye. Amazing place to go is whitestrand, 10 minute walk from miltown malbay, theres a dolphin living in the inlet there, you can fish around there, walk, close to spanish point, lahinch etc. If ye go to Clare Ill come too for definite