Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

27th January 2007 :: Workshop - Service Your Aircooled VW

Mr Browne

Club Member
Club Member
October 24, 2006
Louth
27th January 2007 @ 11am
Hosted by: Tom Roberts & Eamonn Winters

The first in our series of workshops on how to service your own motor. Tom & Eamonn will take you through a full engine service including oil, plugs, points, valve clearances, timing, etc. You will need to bring your own parts and oil (which Tom or Eamon will advise you on beforehand) and Tom will supply the expertise and tools required.

At the workshop you will be taken through a full engine service on a number of vehicles with plenty of time to ask questions and look at other aspects of your vehicle. Everyone will get a one-on-one with their own car, and then you will be free to look over shoulders as other participants get their car looked at.

This first workshop will be free to all club members (you may become a member on the day if required) but future workshops will have a modest cost to cover expenses.

To book your place please workshop@eircooled.com stating your vehicle model, year, and engine details (if known) and any specific areas you wish to have looked at.

Any questions - post them here!

shuggie

Comrade Secretary General
Club Member
October 27, 2006
SLIGO
SERVICE WORKSHOP

SERVICE WORKSHOP

Ellie really needs a service and will be down the workshop -

SHUGGIE

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Ill be there in the beast, but I dont think she'd make it down without getting an oil change first. Its 5000 miles overdue a change! Got all the stuff to do it today so next free day I have its getting done.

Endfloat

Club Member
Club Member
October 25, 2006
Deansgrange
www.youtube.com
Its worth knowing that you dont need to have an aircooled vehicle to go to one of these workshops. You just need one to have your vehicle serviced. Theyre still good fun, youll learn a lot and a lot of the info could be put to good use on your own vehicle too. Pop in for the craic and the info and become a member after meeting some of the other members!

Claire

October 24, 2006
Tubbercurry, Co. Sligo
Will I need to get the projector and laptop out for this then? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess there will be a balance of theory and putting on the gloves and getting dirty with your engine! :D

Just a couple of more folk for this and it will be plenty - :vw: :irish:

Ger

Club Member
Club Member
December 8, 2006
Ennis
I'll be there one way or another. There's a heap a leaks so weather permitting Linda will be there, otherwise I'll be looking over shoulders mostly.

paulmc

Club Member
Club Member
November 9, 2006
Waterford
bit far from me unfortunately! but a great idea. :lol:

Think a lot of people are just a little bit afraid of the air cooled engine, the fact that not too many garages know what they are etc or how to service em properly ](*,) :-s :? :help:

was involved in a housing scheme in Curry a few years ago is that anywhere near? used get a great lunch in the Yeats County? i think its called

paulmc