Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

2011 AGM 2nd January

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
In Portlaoise
The Killeshin Hotel
www.thekilleshin.com

Price for B&B
Single €65
Double €79

We will meetup and talk shit
Te AGM will start at 1pm (in one of the meeting rooms) followed by Lunch and drinks

Some people are comming for the afternoon others are stayin for the night

Last edited:

Coxy

Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
April 20, 2007
Limerick
www.beetle.ie
>Contact for bedroom bookings: Teresa Fennelly
>Email to book: info@thekilleshin.com
>Reference: In the subject line of your email to Teresa please include the following to ensure you get the agreed rate: MustBook.ie / eircooled / Jan 2nd accom
>Rate: Single €65 B&B, Double €79 B&B
>By phone: Remind them that it is the AGM rate as above which will give you the 4pm pn the day cancellation option.
>Phone number: 057 8631200

drama dave

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2010
Portlaoise
www.dramaireland.com
Do you have to own a VW to go?
I can talk the talk but not walk the VWalk
The hotel is just down the road from me if anyone wants to park their campervan in my cul de sac
Has been done before
I can offer you tea and hot water
but no bed
Cheers
Dave

Mikey

Club Member
February 3, 2009
Dublin
Do you have to own a VW to go?
I can talk the talk but not walk the VWalk
The hotel is just down the road from me if anyone wants to park their campervan in my cul de sac
Has been done before
I can offer you tea and hot water
but no bed
Cheers

Dave

Your more than welcome to join and get a taste of Eircooled.
But beware, once you join....you'll probaly never leave. Its a great club.

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
I just had a look at the google view of the hotel and there doesn't seem to be much parking. Is there a multistory/underground?
I'm hoping to take the T25 (hi-top) and wonder if I'll have clearance issues?

trev

*****istrator
Admin
November 11, 2007
Co. Laois
underground or there's a cul de sac down the side, if you don't fit in you could just park in the street.

beag

Club Member
Club Member
July 16, 2009
Tipperary
I just had a look at the google view of the hotel and there doesn't seem to be much parking. Is there a multistory/underground?

Kev, they have a bit of parking at the front but after that I think its an underground carpark they have and they generally don't be van/camper friendly.

RattyOval

AKA Deckie
Admin
November 21, 2006
Ballytoooooole .............
I can't wait. (It can't be any worse for me after last year)

My GT beetle (betsy) has being in Laois since the start of the bad weather

I hope Betsy doesn't get pissed off when she gets home to find a late beetle parked in her
spot :( :)

drama dave

Club Member
Club Member
November 26, 2010
Portlaoise
www.dramaireland.com
Hi - I am a member of the gym at the Killeshin and I have to say the parking isn't great. Hard to get parking in front of the hotel as there are so few spaces. The underground car park isn't great either. Lots of room but difficult to negotiate because of the pillars. I have a large MPV and find it tricky at times. Also there is a height restriction going into the car park, can't remember how low it is but not sure if a hi-top would make it. Have you phoned the hotel to make sure all is in order? Heard they were closed for a few days due to water issues. Best to ring ahead to check. The hotel is on the Dublin road and there is a side road beside it where you may get parking but I would not park on the Dublin Road. If you can't get parking in the hotel your best bit would be Portlaoise Hospital which is just down a bit and within walking distance of the hotel. The entrance is on the "Block Road", not the main gates, you take a left as you are driving down the Dublin Road heading into Portlaoise. Its paid parking but not too steep (for a few hours) and safe, especially if you are in a camper van. As I mentioned before I am a ten minute drive from the hotel if anyone wants to park in the cul de sac where I live - I have a car and could drive you to the hotel. My number is (086) 193**** if you want to text me.
Regards, David (not yet an eirecooled member but close)

Last edited:

Rez

Club Member
Club Member
February 18, 2009
Kilkenny
That's decent David.
If I don't get parking I'll just block some beemer in for a laugh. ;) (wonder if 69 bug will be in his split or.....................?)
Definitely going in the T25 but need to do some work on it in the morning. I can't find first or reverse gears at the moment. Just in from the pub so hopefully won't be TOO hungover in the morning to fix it before I set off. See y'all there!