Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] 1958 - 1964 Seat Part

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
I'm looking for the front seat bar & mechanism for tilting forward the front seats.

As per pics below, the 2 photo's in grey primer are the RHS seat with the mechanism installed.
The other pic is the LHS seat without any mechanism.

I'm not sure if these are different for left & right or whether they are interchangeable.

I'm really stuck for one of these so if anyone thinks they might have one, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, I've removed the same bar & mechanism from a '66 seat I had but it's totally different and won't work.

Attachments

• photo24304.jpg
    photo24304.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 93
  • photo24305.jpg
    photo24305.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 96
  • photo24306.jpg
    photo24306.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 97

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Bump.

Surely someone out there has an old beetle seat thrown in a shed somewhere. '58 to '64.

Hope to have the interior finished before the show season begins but without this part, I'm stuck.

Help please!

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Have you tried FBIVW or any UK suppliers? Pre-70 stuff is thin on the ground here.

Never heard of them. I'll try them thanks.
​​​​​​Threw an add up on Volkzone today. Not sure where else in UK to try.

Found a lad in California today that might have one but surely there would be something closer to home.

magpie

Club Member
Club Member
November 3, 2006
Sligo
Are interchangeable. The mechanism on drivers side seat can be fitted to Passenger one and vice versa. Have done it. Need seat mechanism of same period, '58 - '65. Sorry do not have.

broz

Club Member
Club Member
June 8, 2011
glanmire
Try Chris Morrice on the samba Kieran. He breaks a lot of stuff, has a large stock pile of parts. He posts to Ireland too and is easy to deal with

Kieran53

Club Member
Club Member
October 13, 2008
Cork
Thanks lads but reckon I got sorted. Bought one from working lad in California on The Samba. It arrived s couple of weeks ago but wont know if it's correct until I get my seats back. Looks correct though.