Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

For Sale - 1971 Karmann Ghia Cabrio

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
P3153448.jpg

P3153449.jpg

P3153450.jpg

P3153451.jpg

P3153452.jpg

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Don't really want to replace it with another project but might be willing to part trade for a lower cost beetle or nice set of rims, etc, etc.

Last edited:

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Hmmm, you could be right, the manifold does look at bit suspicious alright! IIRC, I determined it was a 1200 from the engine number at some stage :eek: - it has sat in the garage for so long now I can't remember...doh...

kvinyl

Club Member
Club Member
February 20, 2007
Galway
Price is now SOLD - its not really going to go lower than this bar haggling over delivery so if it doesn't sell at that I'm happy to keep it stored away for as long as it takes to to get garage space in Galway for it.

I've alot in this car, including a lot of new components in the chassis so I'm not really entertaining offers of €4K for it.

This is not in relation to crazylegs offer as his turned out to be fair after a chat. This update is motivated by the numerous calls I'm getting from people offering as low as €1K for it - f^&k, I realise times are tough and I can really do with the cash but I'm not going to just hand this away!

The black 356 was practically given away because I had it's replacement on the way - out of principle I'd rather the ghia gather three inches of dust on it until I get time to work on it than bend over again...

If you're genuinely interested in this car why not actually come and look at it and then make an offer - if you are going to waste my time for the next two weeks looking for photos and the part number of the steering rack and follow it up with an offer I wouldn't even insult a high price hooker with then move on.

Rant just about over - I realise I've probably scuppered any chance of selling this now but the dealing with the raft of phonecalls over the last two weeks has about run my patience to its limit...:rroulette:

Last edited: