Welcome to Eircooled
Our Ethos is simple; We promote, maintain, and encourage the use of classic aircooled vehicles. We run the club in an open, inclusive, and democratic environment. We encourage all members to have an equal say and part to play in the club.
Register

[Wanted: Parts] Rust free Doors for 67 bug! Britt???

Dirty1

Club Member
Club Member
November 22, 2006
Wicked-low
www.dirtyhabits.ie
John Healy who bought the 67 off me currently has it stripped and in for a resto!!! He's looking for 2 rustfree 67 doors. Can anyone help!! He has 2 lined up in UK but getting them back here is an issue!! They can be collected from Volksworld show (if anyone has room!!) which is another option!!!

He also has the body off doing some welding, if anyone has the rear luggage section, preferably the bit above the boot floor, (with luvres under vent) and below the window, he is also looking for this section too!!

jim1500

June 1, 2007
I've got that section maybe? I'll look in the morning. Doors are 66 to 68 I believe and I have a pair of those.

Doors are really 67 only model (ie those made Aug66 to Aug67) dude. A 66 door basically locks the handle, a 67 has the later type of mechanism that locks the door and pulls button down. I think you can possibly modify a 66 door to fit (don't take my word for this!!) but there may be a difference in some of the recesses behind the handle, some were arrow shaped like later 68 on cars, some had a squarer shape. Chrome strip on door also thin like later cars where as 66 is broad so there may be an issue with welding and redrilling holes.
67s are great fun when searching for panels LOL

john67

Club Member
Club Member
August 12, 2010
Arklow
Britt John 67 looking for contact no for yourself if you can post same need lots of bits for 67 beetle?????

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
John,
I have someone offering me a pair of rust free and good hinges no binding etc. but they are Bare and he wants good money for them. For me to get them to you they'd cost 135 euros each. Send me your email and I can send you pictures. I can buy a would 67 Body but it's 500 miles away and cost me too much in petrol. These are 150 miles south of me so please let me know if you are interested.
Thanks,
Britt

Roadcow

Father Eircooled! , Eircooled Club Member
Club Member
November 2, 2006
California/Portrush
www.roadcow.com
What does it take to get some . communication? I've pm'ed john, and asked for some one to let him know I bought him some 67 Bug doorsNow I have to drive 150 miles to pick them up, I'd like to know that he still wants them.